HubSpot Ideas

Chris_Strom

Make HubSpot capable of being HIPAA-compliant

Many other CRMs and marketing platforms include HIPAA compliance capabilities, including:

• Salesforce
  • Dynamics
  • Infusionsoft
  • Constant Contact (!)
  • CallRail

HubSpot is vulnerable to missing out on vast amounts of the healthcare space if they don't build out their HIPAA compliance capabilities. This is a very important need!

28 Replies
dant

With the new additions to the Hubspot service hub, it suddenly would be a contender to Zendesk et al if only they would sign a BAA for it. It is frustrating having to use Zendesk when we use Hubspot for everything else. Adding my upvote to this!

Chris_Strom
Member | Platinum Partner

5 years later and we're still waiting on this! 🤨

MLozano88
Participant

Why don't you have developed anything for HIPPA? it's 2022 and you are missing a huge industry!!!

SterlingEdge
Participant
Couldn't agree more!

I would love Hubspot to have a feature to put in sensitive client data.
Financial Account Numbers
SSN
Driver's License Numbers
HIPAA info
AMartí

Upvote

JRoark

Could not agree more! HIPPA Compliance is a must! 
We don't provide healthcare services, but health cost sharing, and because so many questions a prospect has surrounding pre-existing conditions we can't record phone calls in HubSpot, the sales team can't call from HubSpot (because then we can't record the call in our HIPPA compliant phone system), we can't use chat for members, nor can we make specific notes on contact records that would allow the team to communicate needs to their prospect. We want to expand the use of HubSpot (because we love it) but find ourselves constantly trying to come up with workarounds!

ashleylafleur
Participant | Elite Partner

Hey there, I'd like to encourage this as well, especially given the December 2022 updates to the regulations. Salesforce is astronomically expensive when you do Marketing Engagement and Marketing data. This is an ENORMOUS need and would be a big sell for HubSpot. 

Chris_Strom
Member | Platinum Partner

Waiting-Memes-52918.jpg