HubSpot Ideas

bfelker

Make Call Outcome required

Today call outcome and call type are optional fields for someone who is logging an activity. I need to make them mandatory so that a rep cannot log an activity without populating those 2 fields. How do I do it?

HubSpot Updates
August 31, 2023 04:56 PM

Hi @AFD@NKolev @HubspotterOHIO ! Thanks for your patience as we corrected this. The ability to require call outcomes for manually logged calls is restored. Let us know if you have any questions/feedback. Thank you! 

August 29, 2023 08:01 AM

Hi @NKolev and @HubspotterOHIO ! I just reached out in a seperate email to grab examples from you. The build for this does solve for manually logged calls and outbound calls. This worked in testing portals before we launched, so I would love to chat you briefly to see what is occuring and escalate to my engineering team from there. Thank you!

Delivered
August 28, 2023 07:30 AM

Hi HubSpot Community!

We are excited to announce we launched the ability to make call outcomes required!

Once this setting is enabled, when seated reps in your account place an outbound call from the HubSpot browser or log a call, the ability to save the call will be greyed out until they select a call outcome.

To enable this feature:

1. Admins, Navigate to the Settings icon in the top right corner of your screen.

2. On the far left menu panel, scroll down to the Tools section. Click "Calling."

3. On the Calling page, click the "Call Configurations" tab.

4. Click the check box next to "Make call outcome required."

5. Click Save.

unnamed (15).png

*This setting is currently for outbound calls placed from the HubSpot browser or logged calls. This functionality does not require call outcome logging for inbound calls, mobile calls, or imported calls.

Not Currently Planned
June 22, 2022 03:51 PM

Hi Community!

We appreciate all the feedback you’ve shared here to help our team evaluate this feature request. However, at this time, making call outcome selection required is not something our team is currently planning to build natively into HubSpot. This is certainly subject to change in the future and we will update this idea if that becomes the case. 

As we progress in our current Calling priorities we will update here with more details on timing and plans. 

July 01, 2021 12:29 PM

Hello HubSpot community,

Thank you for your continued feedback.

Allowing call outcomes and types to be required is on our list of things we’d like to do. However, the list of calling improvements is long and resources are limited. At the moment this is a lower priority compared to some of the other things we’re working on. We're continuing to keep an eye on this use case and we'll be sure to update this thread when this is a more near-term deliverable.

Being Reviewed
May 19, 2020 02:51 PM

We're currently evaluating this enhancement  and will update this issue with more information in the next few months.

102 Replies
SarahMayo
Contributor

I agree, please allow us to make call outcome (and potentially notes) a required field.

lomana14

@mfreiert Do we have any update on this?

MariaWL
Member | Elite Partner

+1 for this

MattiRuuska
Member | Diamond Partner

+1 for this!

Valiant

Agreed! Would be great to be able to make it mandatory for any logged activity.

Allicat

@mfreiert Are there any updates on this?

jmangiameli
HubSpot Product Team

Hello HubSpot community,

Thank you for your continued feedback.

Allowing call outcomes and types to be required is on our list of things we’d like to do. However, the list of calling improvements is long and resources are limited. At the moment this is a lower priority compared to some of the other things we’re working on. We're continuing to keep an eye on this use case and we'll be sure to update this thread when this is a more near-term deliverable.

EdgarTichelaar
Participant

indeed, if were only applied (optional) for call outcome that would be a win!

EdgarTichelaar
Participant

too bad it's low on the list, it seems like a quick win to me, and it is what's keeping us from using the calling from hubspot service as a whole

ARich
Contributor

This is an important feature that we would like to see rolled out. 

CMurphy1

We NEED this!

MFranklin6

Unbelievable this isn't a feature, will have to switch to Pipedrive

SComeau
Top Contributor

We REALLY need this functionality. These are great reports under the Sales Analytics section of HubSpot but reps are not forced to enter a call or Meeting outcome. This is terrible for tracking. How can we have reporting metrics called "Call Outcomes" and "Meeting Outcomes" and not force reps to use them. HUGE miss! Please fix this.

Marco_RR
Participant

+ 1 for this

KJONES8

Yes pls! This would be very helpful! kkj

BHennessy

Hi HubSpot, 

Is there any update on this? Logging calls accurately is massively important for continuous improvement and provides significant business insight.

MMetros5
Contributor

We need this!

MBarnes
Participant

This would be a very useful feature! Our reps consistently forget to select the call outcome and we have workflows built off of that. 

kasiabf
Participant

Hi any updates on this? Its great that the call outcome tab pops up as soon as a call is complete, but once our SDRs realised they could skip without adding anything the amount of 'no values' has increased, which isn't very useful for reporting.  It would be great to have the option to make this popup tab mandatory and remove the ability to skip it.

Blake_
Participant

+1 to this. This is an absolute necessity for any reputable company to make proper, data-driven decisions. I know your list of improvements is long, but this is as simple as adding a "Require call or meeting type" toggle box in the "Track call and meeting types" settings.

Thank you for your updates.