HubSpot Ideas

abowman3d

Major Improvements Needed for Hubspot Scoring

Please upvote this idea!

Current Hubspot scoring is severally lacking compared to its competitors. Hubspots scoring issues are so large that I would strongly warn anyone from choosing Hubspot until they fixed how they score Contacts.

1.) Allow the Hubspot Score to be completely be reset. Right now you can only give negative criteria which causes a bunch of different issues.

2.) Make it possible for new scoring rules, or changes to existing scoring rules, only effect Contacts going forward. If you change a lead scoring criteria, it will retroactively update all your records. If you have any sort of automation associated with the Lead Scoring, such as a head off process from Marketing to Sales, this causes a huge nightmare. Scoring changes should occur FREQUENTLY based on feedback from Sales or conversion analytics. Right now its very difficult to make any changes to scoring because of this limitation.

3.) Show scoring for individual line items within the Contact's Detail Screen and within the Hubspot / Salesforce Visualforce component. Having to "Test" a Contact against your scoring rules is time consuming and inefficient. No one wants to scroll through a giant list of criteria to see if a specific Contact meets a criteria. 

4.) Change the way scoring occurs so more generic rules can be set. If you have a new Webinar, whitepaper, etc you're basically forced to create an entire new scoring rule for that specific campaign. You could do it based on a "Type" of campaign or some other Salesforce field, but then you face the issue of creating separate rules for every time the Contact meets the criteria. For example say you have a rule that says if Type = Webinar, give the Contact 10 points... well that works for the first time they meet the criteria. If you want them to be scored for each time they watch a new webinar based on a type field, you're forced to duplicate the scoring rule and specify that they've watched a webinar 2 or more times. The same goes for email clicks. If you want a Contact to be scored for every email click, and not just the first time they meet the criteria, you will have to duplicate the rule out several times and specify within the rule that they've clicked a link at least 2+ times.

These are just a few of the major issues I've faced when creating a scoring process within Hubspot. It needs a lot of work.

142 Comentários
JTxCBI
Participante

I can't believe it's been over 5 years since this thread was created and literally NOTHING has been done by HS's product team to improve the scoring property.

LEnns
Membro

Should also make the hubspot score available to see in the tasks so our sales people can more easily prioritize which leads they spend their time on 

kkoltun
Colaborador(a)

I agree with @JTxCBI It's been so long and all the points he laid out are still major issues with lead scoring

GWalsh
Colaborador(a)

Are there any updates on this @Dylan? No updates since 2018, and this is still the post I'm being directed to upvote in the community? Point #4 is still a huge issue for us. 

JBocalbos9
Membro

+1 

Notice us please HubSpot Devs!!!

kristinhaynes
Participante

Please Hubspot. This is a MUST HAVE!

Saqueador

Saqueador

LMarsden
Membro

HubSpot needs to update this!

ACelegato
Membro

@Dylan @hubspot 

AS per the last update there were supposed to be some improvements on the scoring system. 

This was in 2018, has there been any update or do we know if Hubspot will be looking into this?

Massive thanks!

ESertorio
Membro

This post originated in 2017, has this been fixed? We are currently implementing lead scoring, and when I asked support, they asked me to upvote this topic. If it has been 5-6 years already, can I have any hope that this will be fixed?

ringer135
Participante

Let me be frank, Hubspot does a lot of things right and only a handful of things poorly. (AND I'm very impressed to see the volume of new/updated features this year.) However, the absence of any lead scoring updates is beyond frustrating. Everything the original poster has detailed is a must (especially #3). Should Hubspot ever reads this thread, I would like to throw in 2 additional components to the list of requirements...

1. I want to be able to see lead scoring results better represented within the reporting side of the table. For example, I want to be able to stack up which campaigns have generated the most lead scores. Or which lead scoring event(s) have led to or are associated with closed won revenue. Also, if they incorporated a time component, we could see which lead scoring events are generating the most engagement week to week.

2. Add "all CTAs clicked" as on option for scoring events. Right now, I use a plethora of CTAs to capture/track engagement and to convert contacts. However, if I want to associate points to that engagement, I have to do it manually. for. every. freaking. call. to. action. I could also see breaking the call to actions into different categories (high, medium, & low) and assign points accordingly.

Hubspot - please, please tell us this is in development. Lead scoring is far too important for it to remain this ineffectual.

SRucker
Participante

We also desperately need point #4!!

DebSchleede
Participante

Upvoting for many of these items. Inability to reset score, and only allow negative scores is hugely problematic for multiple customers. Negative scores makes the system useless. 

FvanderPijl
Participante

Does Hubspot still have devs? I mean it has been 6 years and the amount of feedback that is here that is just left sitting here is beyond me

VKnotts
Membro

This is still a good issue with the HubSpot lead score today, is this something still being considered to change?

HKnu
Membro

It has been 6 years and these changes are not planned. At this point it seems like the best option is to make a brand new score property and build a workflow that I can make function as needed. Mainly so that I can make changes and not have it impact every single contact vs. only selecting the changes to be made to future contacts, as we should at the very least have the option to do.  

kristinhaynes
Participante

For anyone in here looking for a solution, I've been able to build out scoring lists based where a contact is active in that list for x amount of days. Then those lists are in the scoring model. I only add scores, and then those scores go away with time. That way you don't have to worry about putting someone back to zero with a flow. It just happens over time when they don't show in that list anymore. For example, each of our forms have a field attributed to it. Reading a white paper for us is x amount of score, so i have that white paper built into a list using the field criteria. Those lists add up. We also give points based on demographic criteria. More than happy to chat. 

abowman3d
Membro
Solid workaround!
Status atualizado para: Idea Submitted
DomRychlik
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hi all,

I'm Dom, a Product Manager at HubSpot. First of all, I want to acknowlege the frustration that the current solution is causing and the feeling that HubSpot is not investing enough reseources into fixing the current solution.
My team and I are currently delving into Lead Scoring for Marketers at the moment and we’d be really interested in learning more about your use cases. We’d like to find out how you are currently scoring your leads, what’s working for you and what’s not working at the moment and what features you would like to see incorporated into HubSpot in the future. 

If you’re a marketer interested in lead scoring and open to a brief 30-minute call with me and my team, please feel free to reach out to me via a direct message.  

Best,

Dom

christine_Igles
Participante
Hi Dom.
I would be happy to help and speak with you and the team about our uses
with Lead Scoring.
If you want to share a meeting link I will pick a time that is convenient
for both of us.

Thank you.
Christine Iglesias
Izeify
ILim
HubSpot Employee

Commenting on behalf of a customer:
- It would be great if we could look into having scoring work for multiple opens of an email, rather than opens for distinct emails.