Major Improvements Needed for Hubspot Scoring

Please upvote this idea!

Current Hubspot scoring is severally lacking compared to its competitors. Hubspots scoring issues are so large that I would strongly warn anyone from choosing Hubspot until they fixed how they score Contacts.

1.) Allow the Hubspot Score to be completely be reset. Right now you can only give negative criteria which causes a bunch of different issues.

2.) Make it possible for new scoring rules, or changes to existing scoring rules, only effect Contacts going forward. If you change a lead scoring criteria, it will retroactively update all your records. If you have any sort of automation associated with the Lead Scoring, such as a head off process from Marketing to Sales, this causes a huge nightmare. Scoring changes should occur FREQUENTLY based on feedback from Sales or conversion analytics. Right now its very difficult to make any changes to scoring because of this limitation.

3.) Show scoring for individual line items within the Contact's Detail Screen and within the Hubspot / Salesforce Visualforce component. Having to "Test" a Contact against your scoring rules is time consuming and inefficient. No one wants to scroll through a giant list of criteria to see if a specific Contact meets a criteria. 

4.) Change the way scoring occurs so more generic rules can be set. If you have a new Webinar, whitepaper, etc you're basically forced to create an entire new scoring rule for that specific campaign. You could do it based on a "Type" of campaign or some other Salesforce field, but then you face the issue of creating separate rules for every time the Contact meets the criteria. For example say you have a rule that says if Type = Webinar, give the Contact 10 points... well that works for the first time they meet the criteria. If you want them to be scored for each time they watch a new webinar based on a type field, you're forced to duplicate the scoring rule and specify that they've watched a webinar 2 or more times. The same goes for email clicks. If you want a Contact to be scored for every email click, and not just the first time they meet the criteria, you will have to duplicate the rule out several times and specify within the rule that they've clicked a link at least 2+ times.

These are just a few of the major issues I've faced when creating a scoring process within Hubspot. It needs a lot of work.

HubSpot updates
44 Replies
AvL
New Contributor

Also: 

• A better overview on what score-rules you have added. The list of rules has become never ending when switching on employees as well.
    • For example by adding folders
    • Or an 'OR' rule instead of only an 'AND' rule so that you can group events 
  • Show in the life of the lead (timeline) at what moment the points have been added and due to what rules. Now you only see dates in the history, but not WHY a certain amount of points have been added. 

Is there an update when HubSpot is going to do something about the scoring feature? 

KirstenAD
New Contributor

Agree agree! We just switched to manual lead scoring and found out you can't ever turn the predictive model off!!!!

The lovely help team mentioned: "The way that Predictive Lead Scoring currently exists currently prevents it from being turned off. Our Product team is thinking about ways that we might be able to make this possible, but for now, there's no way to do it, and there's no ETA on when it may or may not become possible. Even with the predictive lead scoring activated, it does not overrrides the Manual Lead Scoring you already set up.

However, I would highly advise you to propose this as a feature request on our ideas forum ; this is where our Product team gather our customers' feedback to know which features would be best to develop in the near future. Feel free to add details and some use cases where disabling the predictive lead scoring would be useful to you or other customers!"

So hey Hubspot - can we make it so you can turn OFF Predictive Lead Scoring please and thank you.

jspratt
Occasional Contributor

All of these ideas would be very useful and are all things that I've looked for the ability to do in the past. Especially the ability to only apply lead scoring changes going forward. We've had many times where we need to tweak something and because of it, it clutters up the sales team's active leads with old contacts who now meet the parameters based on our changes. The other thing that would be amazingly useful to us is to be able to go into an individual's contact record and see which factors contributed to their lead score. 

jdekorte
New Contributor

Very much agree with point 2 and 4. Please make this a priority Hubspot!

gspage63011
Occasional Contributor

I totally support these ideas.  I keep running into the same problems the author has and would very much appreciate some work on fixing them. 

RRRadu
Occasional Contributor

I agree with everything that the OP raised here. 

Has there been an update/acknowledgement from Hubspot about any of these? 

ggardner
New Contributor

Ability to reset score needs to be implemented, like... yesterday.

lvmkting
Occasional Contributor

I just started building my lead scoring so I am sure I will run into many of the other problems you mentioned soon, but my current biggest peeve is that I can't filter what a contact did or didn't score for. That's crazy, right? Even just a "hide not met" would be helpful instead of scrolling through the long list of possibilities to scan for what they met. Seems very obvious. I created a separate idea in hopes baby steps can occur while big overhauls are in the works. 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Lead-Scoring-Filtering-Needed/idi-p/160186#M12575

Kaj
New Contributor

Also running into problems with lead scoring, especially the fact that Predictive Lead scoring is not removable. That is quite annoying for us as the model built really does not make any sense at all.

So being able to remove the predictive lead scores, at least hiding it from contact profiles, would be a great addition.

mmandel
Occasional Contributor

Need to be able to reset scores for competitors and current employees. As it is, you can't set a score to 0 in Hubspot.