HubSpot Ideas

Wordna

MailChimp Subscriber Activity to HubSpot Contact Timeline

It would be amazing if MailChimp subscriber activity could sync to HubSpot's contact timeline.  I'd like emails I send through MailChimp and subscriber opens, clicks & replies to appear in HubSpot.

22 Replies
RoundaboutEd

Or at least make it an option in Zapier to add to timeline . . . 

andresilveira

That would be great!

SISFU

I agree.

Maria23

Totally support! 

Bryantworks
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

I would support this as well!  Though, I think this is on MailChimp to integrate.

jmante
HubSpot Product Team

Hey everyone! Quick question - if HubSpot implemented this, what would you do with the data?

Thanks for the help 😄

Bryantworks

Hey @jmante thanks for asking!

I think  one of the biggest benefits would be the combination of information which is one of the biggest struggles we all face.  But I do realize that getting some properties like "Marketing emails opened" "Marketing emails clicked" wouldn't make much sense to update in HubSpot as those tie to HubSpot emails.

It would be helpful to pull this information to relate it to the various lifecycle stages and very helpful in small businesses who can't quite afford marketing so they can relate it to deals/lead gen magnets.

I do also understand that the business of HubSpot is saas and marketing emails is a big part of that, so logically it doesn't make a ton of sense to bring this information in being that MailChimp and HubSpot both offer various prices.  But that's just business.

I hope I was able to shed some insight!

JustCatamarans

While I understand HubSpot is attempting to incentivize clients to use the native email campaign feature, it would be a huge upgrade for the entire CRM system to offer the integration with MailChimp. In previously using a very basic CRM called Less Annoying CRM, it provided the automatic integration without the use of 3rd party items like Zapier. 

This allowed my users to truly see all marketing efforts within the CRM and focus on their sales instead of marketing.

Please make this happen! 🙂

Wordna
Top Contributor

@jmante , It would really help us to keep all the information together and know exactly when a given customer was last contacted...Including via a mass email sent through MailChimp.  Open & click data would be helpful so we can follow-up with interested recipients.

bojo

@jmante,

We would use this in sales. The person in charge of our email marketing campaigns is not the same as our sales people. But when people click "Request Demo" from our email we would like be our sales person  to had that information without having to learn mailchimp, since they already know HubSpot. All of that information is about how the user has interacted with our brand, it makes it a better sales and helps our customer. 

jmante
HubSpot Product Team

@JustCatamarans thanks so much for the feedback! Would you mind expanding on these comments you made? 😄

• "It would be a huge upgrade for the entire CRM system to offer the integration with MailChimp. In previously using a very basic CRM called Less Annoying CRM, it provided the automatic integration..."
    • Totally agree that it upgrades the CRM this data. What specific actions could you see yourself making in the CRM with this data?
  • "Marketing efforts within the CRM and focus on their sales instead of marketing"
    • How / why do you think the focus on sales will increase because Mailchimp data in the CRM?

Again, thanks so much!

jmante
HubSpot Product Team

@Bryantworks - thanks so much for the insightful comments! Mind expanding on this comment?

• "I think  one of the biggest benefits would be the combination of information which is one of the biggest struggles we all face."
  • "It would be helpful to pull this information to relate it to the various lifecycle stages and very helpful in small businesses who can't quite afford marketing so they can relate it to deals/lead gen magnets."
    • How will the combination of information help you? You said being able to relate it to various life cycle stages...are you referring to using our workflow tool to update the lifecycle status? Or how do you see that happening?

Thank you!! 🙂

jmante
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Wordna ! I have a follow-up question for you 😄

• "It would really help us to keep all the information together"
  • " Open & click data would be helpful so we can follow-up with interested recipients."
    • What is the advantage of keeping all the information together?
    • How would you follow-up with interested recipients? 

Thank you!! 🙂

Jingo

JustCatamarans

@jmante my comments below in blue

• "It would be a huge upgrade for the entire CRM system to offer the integration with MailChimp. In previously using a very basic CRM called Less Annoying CRM, it provided the automatic integration..."
    • Totally agree that it upgrades the CRM this data. What specific actions could you see yourself making in the CRM with this data?
    • My users (sales brokers) can know in real time when any marketing goes out to clients and what specific inventory/events are occurring. Showing specifically, if they not only received the email but opened and or clicked on the campaign adds another layer of data knowing what the client is truly interested in.
  • "Marketing efforts within the CRM and focus on their sales instead of marketing"
    • How / why do you think the focus on sales will increase because Mailchimp data in the CRM?
    • Instead of having my users guess as to what marketing has been sent out or becoming redundant in sharing inventory previously shared through email marketing, the user can know before making a call, meeting the client, or emailing what information has already been shared.

Simply put The key to the CRM is data and having a direct Mailchimp integration does that. I look forward to your feedback and solution-oriented ideas! Thanks for listening!

jmante
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @bojo !! Could you expand on this please? 🙂

• "when people click "Request Demo" from our email we would like be our sales person  to had that information without having to learn mailchimp, since they already know HubSpot. All of that information is about how the user has interacted with our brand, it makes it a better sales and helps our customer. "
    • "Request Demo" - so you're talking about when a user clicks a certain CTA in the Mailchimp email (aka click tracking)? Instead of generally just knowing a user "opened" the email?
    • Why do you think knowing all of this information makes sales better? And helps the customer?

Thanks so much!

Jingo

Bryantworks

Hey @jmante 

Thanks for reaching back out.  Here's what I'm thinking:

How will the combination of information help you?

• While I doubt we could map MailChimp opens, clicks, sends etc. to the current properties in HubSpot we could effectively create new ones and tell a combination of Zapier and MailChimp to increase that value.  This could effectively help users see who their most valuable contacts are etc.  I understand this is a big ask.  The combination of information is something that will help all users and not just MailChimp, seeing reports about email opens vs sends vs meetings booked vs page visits, etc. would allow a user to see their best customers and potential new ones down the road.  By adding in this functionality from MailChimp to see email sends/opens/clicks it just allows for more analytics in one spot rather than looking at MailChimp, then HubSpot, then XYZ integration, etc.

You said being able to relate it to various life cycle stages...are you referring to using our workflow tool to update the lifecycle status?

• For those without workflows, it would have to be manual.  But with workflows, a user already has email sending capabilities, so the only reason I see to use MailChimp over HubSpot would be familiarity or price point.  Maybe a user is just used to it more, or you can get a great number of contacts for cheaper.  This would allow for some smarts to keep the HubSpot contact count low, but keep your 250K contacts in MailChimp, segment those out for a HubSpot import, then adjust lifecycle off of additional email sends via workflows.  
  • We could also look to incorporate those email sends into the new scoring properties for better lead qualification.  Though, I'm fairly new at the use of these calculations so I'm unsure if that's applicable.
bojo

Just to let everyone know that automate.io came with a solution for this problem. You can update a users on hubspot and get the subscribers activity (Click rate, total clicks, last open, etc. ) from mailchimp. 

PierreS
Participant

Yes, please realize this soon. We also need this feature. Sorry, but MailChimp for serial emails is No1. 

Bmurphy003

Any update on this?

silverio

@Bmurphy003  HubSpot now syncs all clicks, open, sent and etc from mailchimp activities to HubSpot. To see this feature go to setting > Marketing > Email Service Provider . Then conncet mailchimp and turn the "show Mailchimp email activities on HubSpot contact records" on.