HubSpot Ideas

IanBowden

Mail a Dashboard with formatting

I have set up a mail to mail me a dashboard. When I receive the mail with the pdf the pdf only shows half the report. How can I size the report so that the whole report fits on one page of the PDF, alternatively how can I set up the paper size for the print to A3 or some other size? As it stands the report is unusable, I was holping to distribute the report.

I received this final answer, seems this is too dificult! 

Hi Ian,

I hope this email finds you well, and that you had a good weekend! First, I want to apologize for the extended amount of time it took to follow up with you with a finalized answer regarding the reports being cut off in the emailed/exported versions. There were several factors that lead to a delay on our end, such as the product team reviewing several possible reporting errors that may cause this, along with the holiday season. With that said, I did receive an answer from our product team today.

They explained to me that the reason the reports are showing as cut off in the emailed version of the reports is because there is a limit of how many columns can display before it becomes difficult to read, or distorts the report in a different way. That is why it doesn't show all the reports across the entire way, unless we hover over it and scroll across. They did check potential fixes, but nothing that would display the report in one view without distorting the view of the reports in other ways. I do apologize for that, because I understand where you're coming from in terms of the way they appear now not being completely ideal. If you'd like to suggest this as something for the product team to change, you're welcome to post an idea in our forum. I'd be happy to be your first upvote! I expressed your concerns to the team regarding this issue, as well.

If you have any questions on this, please let me know. I'll be happy to do what I can to answer questions for you further, if needed. 🙂

2 Comentarios
NicoleSengers
Guía | Partner nivel Elite

I always use the "in email" option when emailing dashboards as they have the best display of the bunch.

It would be great if dashboard reports had a better format when sent via email - so you could schedule them to clients / key staeholders on a daily/weekly basis.

againstme000
Miembro

Hi, the reporting feature in HS unfortunately lacks flexibility in the way its shown in an email. Often you will not want to send your recipients a long PDF they have to scroll through. They wont do that. It has to be on one pg. Result is that we have to revert back to 2005 and build the graphs manually in Excel so that we show the stuff on one pg. The reporting emails need to be able to visualised in a more flexible manner. Just as they are built in HS itself for instance.