Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Logging an activity to multiple contacts

Many of my sales interactions (calls, meetings, etc.) involve more than one contact within HubSpot. It would be very useful if there was a way to log an activity to multiple contacts by way of the "@" symbol or some other means. For example, say you do a presentation at XYZ company with contacts #1, #2, and #3. I'd like to be able to log that meeting and use the "@contact#2, and @contact#3 " or some other means to have that activity also get logged to the other contacts. This would save steps and provide an easy means of making sure all the participants in a given meeting are logged with the same activity. 

35 Replies
xeloader

Please fix this. MAJOR problem.

thiededj
New Contributor
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: Delivered

Hi all, thanks for the feedback! This was delivered a while back. Apologies for the delayed update! This article (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/associate-activities-with-records) illustrates where you can toggle the Associations on an activity timeline event.

KateBob
New Contributor

I don't think this has been delivered, unless I'm reading this wrong. What I (and many others) need is an ability to create a task e.g. sending out of an email newsletter and then allocating this to multiple contacts in one go. I did just that on Friday, sent one out to lots of people, and to now log this as a contact I need to go into each record and add it. Your solution above only works if you know the names of all the people and can manually type them in.  It would be better to be able to apply a search filter, select all the records that apply, and then edit all, just like you can for Properties. I've literally just recommended HubSpot to a client but am now having to reconsider as this is a major failing.

KateBob
New Contributor

I've been in touch with HubSpot and they believe they've delivered on this, but I don't think this is the case, and they've misunderstood what is needed. I've been told to log a new idea so have done this at https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Log-an-activity-to-multiple-contacts/idi-p/267572#M33... so please Upvote it and comment so we can get this done. Or we'll all have to go and use Salesforce or something else!