HubSpot Ideas

SShepard

Logging an activity to multiple contacts

Many of my sales interactions (calls, meetings, etc.) involve more than one contact within HubSpot. It would be very useful if there was a way to log an activity to multiple contacts by way of the "@" symbol or some other means. For example, say you do a presentation at XYZ company with contacts #1, #2, and #3. I'd like to be able to log that meeting and use the "@contact#2, and @contact#3 " or some other means to have that activity also get logged to the other contacts. This would save steps and provide an easy means of making sure all the participants in a given meeting are logged with the same activity. 

38 Replies
Sales1
Participant

It is amazing that Hubspot has been 'working on' this for a year and a half.  It is really time to have this available, already.

annieseattle
Contributor

Hi all,  I think this might work now from the Company page.  You can select the attendee contacts.  Note that the contacts have to already exist in your Hubspot database, so you might want to first add any missing contact records, then log the meeting under Company.  Hope this helps.  

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 1.14.27 PM.png

Matt108
Participant

It is amazing that I can't tag a note with multiple companies/deals/contacts and have to copy/past the same note into multiple entries. Why would they block this? Makes no sense to me as the functionality is clearly there.

Added to my list of highly irritating features of Hubspot (second only to the automatic adding of all contacts on emails even if you only need to log the email in relation to one person on the email).

Stop sending me glib emails about "funny office pranks" and sort out these basic critical issues please.

Sales1
Participant

Yes, this. What Matt108 said. 

Upvoting 

Tomi1
Participant | Elite Partner

Just upvoting away - this issues has turned up a few times with our clients...

NCO
Top Contributor

Yes. Please incorporate. Pretty please Hubspot.

wvangeld
Participant

Up vote, a feature I need desparately

bcornman
Contributor

Here we are in 2019. I see a note in the thread that this was being worked on in July 2017. It would be great to be able to log calls to many contacts at once. When I'm tearing through cold calls the last thing I want to do is stop and log the call with several clicks. Let me just check off everyone I've called and log a call.

RCarroll

We have the same issue that we have partner companies that join us in meetings and it important to know which customers had joint calls. Seems trivial as you can associate contacts from multiple companies.

Gaëlle

Up please !

xeloader

Please fix this. MAJOR problem.

thiededj
jsg121
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, thanks for the feedback! This was delivered a while back. Apologies for the delayed update! This article (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/associate-activities-with-records) illustrates where you can toggle the Associations on an activity timeline event.

KateBob

I don't think this has been delivered, unless I'm reading this wrong. What I (and many others) need is an ability to create a task e.g. sending out of an email newsletter and then allocating this to multiple contacts in one go. I did just that on Friday, sent one out to lots of people, and to now log this as a contact I need to go into each record and add it. Your solution above only works if you know the names of all the people and can manually type them in.  It would be better to be able to apply a search filter, select all the records that apply, and then edit all, just like you can for Properties. I've literally just recommended HubSpot to a client but am now having to reconsider as this is a major failing.

KateBob

I've been in touch with HubSpot and they believe they've delivered on this, but I don't think this is the case, and they've misunderstood what is needed. I've been told to log a new idea so have done this at https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Log-an-activity-to-multiple-contacts/idi-p/267572#M33... so please Upvote it and comment so we can get this done. Or we'll all have to go and use Salesforce or something else!

TrueJustice
Participant

the statisitc dont change, so one activity looking like we had 5 people conferenc call.

BC hubspot dont have incoming call statistic yet

if i count all my incomin ex 20 a day i want to register them, i have to go in and make new contact, or look for the contact , would be nice to group add 20 incoming in one time then do it 20 times.

MMořkovská

@jsg121  Yes, it is solution for few clients, but when I need associate 127 clients.. it is same like theres would not be any association. Theres no possible to associate so many contacts.. any solution for this?

VBarksdale

has anyone gotten a solution to this???