HubSpot Ideas

lindsayroseryan

Log visitors IP address immediately in chat

Other messaging tools capture the end user's IP address immediately when they initiate a conversation with a representative. This is a valuable piece of information the ensures that the customer has the best experience possible.

There are many situations where the location of a customer will determine how the conversation is handled (which representative should handle the message, which products are available for a customer in that location or whether they need to purchase through a distributor, and so on and so forth).

Since HubSpot does capture IP addresses in other parts of the platform it seems like a simple ask for this to be extended to include the Messaging tool.

HubSpotからのアップデート
June 05, 2020 12:24 PM

@Qt We do store that for visitors as well on the contact record, which is avail when they are visitors. We will be working to bring this into the inbox in the future. I would love to hear more about how your team manages their assignment? Do they do that manually?

@USC-Steve The team is also working on bringing what we are calling "presence" into the inbox as well in the future. That will basically be an indicator if they are still on your site or if they have left. Keep an eye out for that announcement! 

ステータスに更新: Being Reviewed
June 01, 2020 01:47 PM

Hi all- We currently are storing the IP geolocation for a chat on the contact under the IP properties. We will be doing work in the future to bring this information into the inbox for the agents to be able to leverage while chatting. We will post an update when we have more details on this work in the next couple months. 

43件のコメント
ivanarefin
メンバー

I agree.
Let me share an use case, when a find a NON-CONTACT asks for a confidential detail such as client contact email, it's really difficult for us to determine without knowing the location information if the person is from my client's region/country or s/he is some sales person from India.

This is a very basic feature available on many chat platforms, hence this is a must!!

PLamb
メンバー

Any update on this feature as it seems to be requested a number of times over the past 3 years.  The reason I would like to have this feature is to hide the chat within certain countries or contacts (competitors).  Currently they only show as unknown with no further details even though they have started a chat and clicked options. 
Please can we have an update!!!

AVChrista
投稿者 | Elite Partner

This feature would be awesome! Especially when we have visitors engage with a chat bot and they only provide their name or preliminary email and not their email address (which HubSpot uses as the unique identifier for contacts). If the IP address could be used for these contacts, it would help eliminate duplicate contacts getting created.