Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Log visitors IP address immediately in chat

Other messaging tools capture the end user's IP address immediately when they initiate a conversation with a representative. This is a valuable piece of information the ensures that the customer has the best experience possible.

There are many situations where the location of a customer will determine how the conversation is handled (which representative should handle the message, which products are available for a customer in that location or whether they need to purchase through a distributor, and so on and so forth).

Since HubSpot does capture IP addresses in other parts of the platform it seems like a simple ask for this to be extended to include the Messaging tool.

17 Replies
natalietomko
Occasional Contributor

I'm also desperate for this feature. Today Support told me that the chat will collect IP Country and IP address if the user hasn't blocked cookies, but I tested it over and over to no avail. Anyone else find a good solution yet?

atulsharmacse
Occasional Contributor

Yes, Hubspot should integrate this feature now, it's been years still not able to track user IP and country.

I tried intercom but it cost an arm and a leg for small business.

I am thinking to integrate collect.chat.

kporteus
Regular Contributor

More detail from chat is definitely needed. IP etc

kbarrera
Regular Contributor

+1 == most definitely needed

Understanding an anonymous visitor's geo-targeting helps us immediately qualify and structure the conversation of the live chat differently. If they are local > reps typically recommend one set of actions, if the are not local > push to another set of actions. 

As it stands right now we have zero data/intelligence about an anonymous visitor chatting. 

myworks-peter
Occasional Contributor

It's pretty weird how Hubspot isn't on top of the game here. This really isn't that difficult to display in chat - Hubspot already has this info anyways. 

Helpful information would also include data like the below (even for anonymous users)

Original Source URL/Type - So we can tell how they found us / where they clicked in from

Original Campaign Source - So we can tell if they're part of a specific marketing campaign

This is really simple to display, and extremely necessary to our chat team!

Bastien_5A
New Contributor

i totally agree with all the abova, its a shame that Hubspot doesnt have integrated yet this simple but pretty important piece of data.

We used Zendesk before, and it did have that IP adress + the previous pages visited by the user.

ezTalksJanice
Visitor

I see this idea was launched since the beginning of 2018. It's been one and half year now. Please add the feature of recognizing country from livechat!