Log non-customer emails to customer or deal

Would be excellent to be able to "log" or attribute a sent or received email to a specific customer or deal, even if the other person isn't the customer! 

For example, I might have a deal in the works with a customer but then I email my supplier to check stock for that particular deal. I want those emails with my supplier (which are related to a customer's deal) to be logged to the related customer's deal or customer record.

Right now if I want to keep those things organized, I am forced to manually enter in a note on the deal record that I "Reached out to supplier X to check inventory", then when my supplier responds I manually add another note "Supplier X has 5 in stock". This way the rest of my sales team can stay on top of the progress as well / take over if needed, etc.

Implementation

When writing an email in the hubspot interface, simply have the ability to manually type in the To: address. When this happens, your systems uses a coded BCC email to attribute the email to a specific customer / deal.

For gmail / outlook etc., you could have another "Deal" button to click and find the deal you want to attribute an email to and it automatically includes the proper BCC address with the deal / customer ID. In it's simplest form, the BCC could be similar to how it's currently done with hubspot account ID, except also include the internal deal or customer ID, like `111111+1234@bcc.hubspot.com`

HubSpot updates
2 Replies
winston
Occasional Contributor

Also be able to type in a different phone number to make a call without having to add it to the customer record. I might want to call someone other than my customer but still log the call to the customer / deal / company without having to add a phone number to their account. Just type number for a 1 time use or maybe use number from a different company or contact.

ACowell
Occasional Contributor

I completely agree with this.  Our company is having the same issue.  We were told we could customize HubSpot to work how we wanted it to, but have found we need to "work around" more and more of the build-in protocols.