HubSpot Ideas

jwatson

Log emails on mobile platforms (android/ios)

Hello, would be great if you could extend the same email logging/tracking to the mobile platforms.  My company uses exclusively Android, and we have an unpredicable break in the the chain when emailing from Mobile.  I cannot yet identify which incoming/outgoing emails will be logged.  I am aware of the workaround to add the Hubspod address in the BCC field for outgoing messages.  

All that said, it's an added step for outgoing, and the feature is lacking completely for incoming emails.  

164 Commentaires
JGSmith123
Membre

I don't pretend to know what kind of advanced programming it takes to create such a feature, but I do think this should be a basic feature in automation and CRM tools. 

RMcInnes
Participant

Desperately needed feature. +1 from us as well. 

fabiog_syner
Membre | Partenaire solutions
HubSpot can do a Magic Trick, it is impossible to integrate some kind of
"plugin" listening to your email on whatever email client you have on
mobile.

Just grab the email from the email server, PM me if you want to know how to
do it.
joshrowe
Membre

Our company uses smartphone platforms for our sales team's communication, and there is a gap in the email logging and tracking process when emails are sent and received from mobile devices.

The current workaround to add the Hubspot address in the BCC field for outgoing messages is an added step, and the feature is completely lacking for incoming emails. This hinders the efficiency of our sales team and CEO, who are always on the move and rely on smartphones as their primary communication tools with prospects and clients.

Can you provide information on the mobile email logging functionality and when it is scheduled to be released on the HubSpot product roadmap?

Please provide an update on the mobile email logging functionality and let me know when it is scheduled to be released on the HubSpot product roadmap. This feature is crucial for our sales team and CEO to have a seamless email tracking experience, especially in today's fast-paced business environment, where having complete and efficient communication tools is essential.

Thank you for your time and for providing us with a great product. I am excited to hear from you soon.

DFisher8
Membre

Sending and receiving email natively from within the Hubspot Adroid app is a must, and surely the simplest/only way to achieve the above.

DFisher8
Membre

☝️this would also fix the annoying issue whereby looking at your own sent or received email on mobile, pings Hubspot as 'somebody viewed your email' - which shows up in activity feed and push notifications!

NKennedy47
Membre

This would be SUCH a useful feature! Please add it!!!

KL11
Membre

Just allow us to log all emails as other emails via API or IMAP and make our lives easier! 

MCallies
Participant

Has there been a resolution on this? My sales team regularly sends emails from gmail on their phones.

PamCotton
Gestionnaire de communauté

Hello @MCallies, thank you for sharing your feedback. Currently the workaround is  when you send an email from your phone, you can add the BCC address to the BCC line of the email. The email content will be automatically recorded on the contact's record in HubSpot. In order to find this address:

• In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon in the main navigation bar.

• In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Objects > Activities.

• Click the Email Logging tab.

• To the right of the BCC Address field, click Copy.

I would also recommend upvoting this very similar request in our Ideas Forum.

Kindly,

Pam

MCallies
Participant

Thanks. But the big problem with that is getting someone to consistently do that. If someone already isn't using the hubspot app to send their emails, they're not going to spend the time BCCing anyone. I'm actually surprised that they haven't updated this yet. It seems like a function that every sales team would use.

FGibson
Membre

hoping they get to this one soon

MNewcome
Membre

Discovered the hard way that this functionality doesn't exist. I'm quite astonished. 2012 called and they can't believe y'all haven't figured out how to integrate Hubspot and Gmail on mobile by now. 

DRao3
Membre

Hey @PamCotton and anybody from Hubspot team who is reading this, practically every message is saying the same thing. People badly want this feature, and for each message, since 2021, your reply is identical: "upvote" and nothing is done. So after 2 years the answer is crickets for a feature that people badly want and for a feature whose absence is terribly inconvenient. This kind of product management is frustrating. Feel free to share this with your PMs.

Luke_Johnson21
Membre

Please HubSpot, add this feature! It's been more than 5 years. Sales teams will never fully adopt HubSpot until this is handled. 

RayYu
Membre

+1

NBrookes
Membre

+1!!!

bkcase
Membre

Please keep me in the loop on this. 

jcassano
Membre

This is essential and needs to be implemented!

MOneill7
Membre

+1. This is a crucial missing piece to keeping my team in the loop on client communications.