HubSpot Ideas

jwatson

Log emails on mobile platforms (android/ios)

Hello, would be great if you could extend the same email logging/tracking to the mobile platforms.  My company uses exclusively Android, and we have an unpredicable break in the the chain when emailing from Mobile.  I cannot yet identify which incoming/outgoing emails will be logged.  I am aware of the workaround to add the Hubspod address in the BCC field for outgoing messages.  

All that said, it's an added step for outgoing, and the feature is lacking completely for incoming emails.  

162 Commentaires
RWilliams1
Participant

I'd like to add to my post from a few weeks ago - Google Calendar already works exactly like we are asking gmail to work. If I make an event on my calendar on any device, or someone makes one for me - no matter how an event gets on my calendar - it will show up on the record for the corresponding contact in Hubspot. I just want gmail to work the same as Google Calendar.

@jackoutthebox11 Your fix is very clever but still not as good as an actual integration. I appreciate the creative angle to the solution!

LorenaFlores
Membre

We need this! - The sales team send more emails from their phone than from a PC monitor!

DKW
Membre

Dear Hubspot community team- a simple update from time to time would be amazing! 

TBurkhardt
Membre

Hubspot!!! It's blatantly unacceptable to not have a iOS and android email integration... it's 2022... its a simple functionality that should have been created years ago. Please add this funcionanitly so we don't have to waste time adding manual emails. It's unbelievably inefficient to manual add or have missing messages between communication intervals. For being a high end company that charges good money. You can do better. Please take this seriously. We NEED this NOW!

MHouse
Membre
Well said. Come on Hubspot!
JNeal7
Participant

Yes.  Not being able to log email from a mobile device is a BIG limitation for sales reps that are not in front of a laptop all day.   If I send email from mobile, then I have to go through my sent box and manually cut and paste email into Hubspot. Later.  I'm sure most of the time I will not remember to allocate time to do this in the evenings.  

peterluba
Participant

Please add this feature!! Wiithout the Chrome extension (like on mobile), emails should still be logged....this is tablestakes and a must-have feature. Please make it "just work."

Duffy8
Membre

@hubspot  @SFHubspot  --- What in the world is going on? Can you please address why you haven't added this feature? Why isn't it available in the mobile app? Why aren't you responding to anyone who continually comments in this thread? I get 2 notifications a week from this thread of people BEGGING to add tracking to emails sent from mobile. At least give us some sort of workaround. Maybe they have to be logged after the fact from a desktop. Maybe it's an autobcc on mobile... SOMETHING. This is absolutely crazy!

GBarker
Membre

I cannot believe this needs to be voted on. Is this a sales platform? Is email from this platform enabled and automatically logged on the platform? Is there a mobile app? Can you email from the mobile app? 

And yet the email isn't logged.... 4 years after this question was asked...  

Jayne_B
Membre | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Businesses that work from their vans in the field - and their phones. Definitely need this. They need to be able to see all their incoming and track replies in HubSpot. Are there any plans in the near future to include this feature?

GLarner
Membre

Is this a current road-mapped item.? Can the Hubspot product management team provide an update on when this will be released.?  

Over 4 years of time and self-explanatory justification, can Hubspot provide a formal update.?  

Mikescheid
Participant

I used Zoho in a previous company and all we had to do was connect (sign into) our google account to connect them and then it would track your emails no matter what device or email client we used. Hubspot is WAY WAY WAY behind on this one!!

https://www.zoho.com/us/subscriptions/help/gmail-integration.html

slowtokyo
Participant

+1

Audubon_Bio
Membre

Hey Hubspot Team,

Has this issue been solved already or are you still working on it? Our CEO constantly writes 30-40% of his emails from mobile (Gmail app) and these emails are not logged into Hubspot consistently. It would be great to fix that.

Andrew

IgnacioAguirre
Membre

Sales teams all across hubspot need this! Please make it happen.

DZaval
Membre

The inability to track emails sent from mobile devices, without using some non-remarkable, obscure Bcc address is beyond incomprehensible. For my company, this is a dealbreaker. We like Hubspot, but since all of our team is remote, and using phones more than PC's today, if Hubspot does not have this functionality built-in, we will move on to another CRM going forward. Please provide an update now on where you are in this process or it sounds like you will lose many users (per this forum) including us. 

fabiog_syner
Membre | Partenaire solutions
I wonder if there's a CRM with this feature. I mean, also on Desktop
the compatibility is based on the mail client (Outlook, Gmail, end of the
list) and asking for this feature means creating some kind of plugin for
Samsung, Apple, Huawei and so on.

Just Utopia.
(Mobile email clients don't support plugins).

Our company (NetStrategy) started to work "server side", grabbing emails
from IMAP and putting them into contacts/deals and so on.

Hope to be useful,
Fabio
LRobinson
Membre

I'm an AE and have wasted HOURS of time trying to come up with a solution to why my email replies from Outlook for iOS will not TRACK or LOG to the contact that sent to me. 

First of all - ALLOW REPLIES to fresh INCOMING contact emails from Hubspot MOBILE!

It's unrealistic to expect Sales Teams to manually add a BCC (even if stored as an Outlook contact) to any thread reply in Oulook mobile. 

Can @hubspot or anyone on the forums answer if we can set up an Outlook Rule to ALL OUTGOING emails from Outlook Mobile - that will auto populate the BCC to our Hubspot address? 

When opening a blank email on my laptop Outlook app, this happens always - due to the Hubspot plug-in. 

But there is no Mobile/Web plug-in available for Outlook. 

This has got to change.

Been reading threads from 4 years back griping about this same issue. 

JenniferErena
Contributeur

Hey @Tom I wonder if you can help since you seem to know a bit about Outlook integrations. How can we push this forward.  There is options to have add-ins for the Outlook app.  I am an iPhone user and I see plenty of option but not HubSpot's add-in. 

Please, oh, please!

The team needs a mobile solutions that works!  

sencrop
Membre

I can't understand this feature is still not available. The sales team works a lot on their phone and sends an email directly from Gmail. Please we need this feature to make sure all the emails are recorded in Hubspot.