HubSpot Ideas

JVeirs

Log activity without completing task

It would be very convenient to be able to log activities under a contact which you have a task scheduled for without having to complete the task at the same time.  This would allow ease of updating / moving tasks without having to create a new task every time you want to log an activity.  Significant time saver.  Thanks.

Mises à jour HubSpot
Statut mis à jour : Being Reviewed
July 10, 2022 03:27 PM

Hi Community,

Thank you for all the continued feedback on this issue. I'm updating this from 'Delivered' to 'Being Reviewed' as I can see from a number of comments in the issue that it is still not possible to complete the 'Log call' action without also completing a Task. The initial update that was delivered only allows for Calls to be completed separately from Task completion if you are making the Call from the HubSpot CRM... IE: when using the 'Call' function rather than the 'Log a call' function. 

We are reveiwing this issues in 2 ones.

1. We are reviewing the concept of "Connecting" Tasks to Activities such as Calls and Emails at a larger scale, and decisions made here could potentially resolve this issue as a result. 

2. We are reviewing this issue directly in the event that we cannot solve the larger issues related to the interplay between Tasks + Activities, in which case we would provide a similar solution to what you see for the exsiting solution when making a Call directly from HubSpot.

I'll continue to review comments as they come in. One question I am curious about at the moment - when creating these Tasks intiially, are you also having issues with the fact that these Tasks always default to the 'Call' functionality (to call directly from the CRM)? Would a better solution include an additional option to create a 'Log call' task as opposed to a 'Call' task? 

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
March 15, 2021 12:23 PM

Hi HubSpot community - it is now possible to log calls or send emails without completing tasks while running a task queue!

Scott_judson.png

Thanks for the feedback here and let us know if there is any other questions/feedback. 

Thank you,

Scott

79 Commentaires
PWieczorek
Membre

It has been 3 years from first report of this error and still not fixed!!! It creates havoc in tasks! What are you doing about it?!!! Why soooo loooooong???

KSchmitz
Participant
I agree with this comment! Why isn't this fixed yet? No one has taken any action to fix the issue HubSpot has caused!
KOlsen2
Membre

This issue is really affecting us. We have multiple people actioning activities within a client record and this results in others accidentally completing off tasks for other people. This issue has been ongoing for a really long time now, is there not any way that it can be addressed?

Surely we should be able to just log an activity and not mark a task as completed or as suggested have this as an option to do so?
We do not use HubSpot to make phone calls. This option does appear when sending an email but it doesn't for other activities.

froettgen
HubSpot Employee

It would be great if someone could have a look at this. Currently it's not possible to log an activity without automatically closing the task whilst working on a task queue.

For example, when my task is to make a call to the customer but I first want to log some notes within the contact, I have to leave the task queue to do that.

EMangrum4
Participant

This is my second time commenting on this and I really wish something could be done about this. I just attempted to add an informational Note to a Company record that has 1 pending task and cannot add the Note without completing the task. Initially I thought this was because the task was assigned to me, so I reassigned it to the correct employee and still cannot add a Note without completing a task systematically for my co-worker. This is completely ineffective, PLEASE fix this!

AMackiewicz
Membre

Being able to add a note to a task WITHOUT completing the task needs to happen! My team would like to be able to give updates on a task without having to close the task and then create a new one, OR add the note then go back in and "un-complete" the task to get the note on there. 

Also, if there was a way to set the task queue up to match more like contacts/companies/tickets, I think that being able to add notes onto it would work with more ease than how it is set up currently. 

Thanks!

AMulready
Contributeur

Any update on this? The thread stretches back to 2020 and no update or fix. Hugely impactful

andrewhinkle
Participant

It's a deal breaker for me and my team.  We are in the process of migrating to HubSpot, but based solely upon this lack of function I will give it a thumbs down.  

Thegz
Membre

Still waiting to be able to add notes without having to complete the task. Leaving a comment to be kept in the loop on any developments!

WarrenAshcroft
Membre

+1 Following

This is very frustrating and very confusing UI, especially when the object you're adding a note to is unrelated to the task in context.

HdeSchipper
Membre

Upvote. Need the ability to log a note without it automatically completing the task while working on a task. 

ViveCPR
Membre

This issue continues to affect me as well.  We need the ability to "Log Call" without it closing the open task.  The button in the "Log Call" activity window only provides the option to "Log Call and Complete Task".  It does not matter what type of task it is, nor how the task was originally setup.  Hubspot consistently wants to close the task when a call is logged, which is not a realistic or efficient workflow for many of us.  Please fix this issue, which stems back many years.

ViveCPR_1-1708117731833.png

APeddlesden
Membre

Coming up to the 4-year anniversary of this topic, and though it seems unlikely anything will be changed at this point I will add my voice to the choir for whatever it's worth; this would be extremely helpful and it frankly boggles the mind that this was ever the intended behaviour at any stage of development. 

CarlosM
Contributeur

This is perhaps the most frustrating issue with HubSpot I've experienced and it affects me daily. It's perplexing that this has not been adressed - I sometime wonder if this thread is somehow hidden, as why would it not be taken resolved.? It can't be that complicated surely?

Come on HubSpot - please fix this!!!!!

EMangrum4
Participant

Side note on this thread - twice in the last week I have encountered this issue (still SUPER frustrating) when there were not any open tasks to complete. The button still said "Save and complete task". I have not noticed this until recently.

CRosenthal
Membre

We have this issue when working with tasks. If we try to add a note to a task the only option is to "save note and complete task". We want to save the not but, not complete the task. The Hubspot suggested workaround of leaving the note outside the task tools is not efficient within our client success workflow.

DerChris
Participant

Please update this. We are constantly losing "open tasks" because of taking notes in a contact. "Save note" and "complete task" need to be separated immediately. Really frustrating to write this in a 4-year-old-issue that looks like it can be fixed in 4 minutes ...

GWright97
Membre

Still need this to be fixed. 

Saving a note completes the task immediately.

ViveCPR
Membre

I am still having this issue as well.  It makes no sense in terms of activity flow for a user, adds extra steps and time, and potential loss of an important follow-up task if the user doesn't remember to recreate the task after logging a call (so frustrating!!).  This is a 4 year old issue, with a simple fix.  Let's all make a stink and get this some traction!  Please comment if you'd like this issue fixed.