HubSpot Ideas

JVeirs

Log activity without completing task

It would be very convenient to be able to log activities under a contact which you have a task scheduled for without having to complete the task at the same time.  This would allow ease of updating / moving tasks without having to create a new task every time you want to log an activity.  Significant time saver.  Thanks.

76件のコメント
berNslol
メンバー

New post on Ideas so they do it on notes too. Let's hope they change it soon!

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Log-notes-without-completing-the-task/idi-p/440829#M8...

ReganB
参加者

Yes would LOVE this. 

GDeFrancisco
参加者

I still see this as an issue on my end.  I am forced to complete a task when I log activity on a contact.  Is everyone else still experiencing this issue?  Thanks

berNslol
メンバー

I’m afraid it’s still the same :(--

MAemisegger
参加者

Same here

HWahlström
メンバー

Very needed feature

leejon
メンバー

yes, I need this back as well, only want to log call, I DO NOT WANT TO COMPLETE TASK

KSchmitz
参加者

We are experiencing it also and it's been very frustrating that it is like this now.  I hate that it now makes you complete the task, we want to leave it open.  This was not like this when we first started with hub spot and now a bunch of our tasks were closed out and our sales guys didn't realize they were doing it.   Can we get rid of the "Log call and complete task button"  and just go back to log call?  I don't want to open up another task.

MFisher5
メンバー

This is still an issue for our workflow. Is it currently possible to log a call or email without completing the task? 

serlim
HubSpot Employee

Hi everyone,

It looks like the abiity to to log a call without completing the task is only available when we actually place the call via HubSpot's call tool. The steps are: 

1. Create a task with type Call.
  2. Navigate to the contact record and call the contact via the tool.
  3. There will be a prompt to either 'Save call and complete task' or 'Save call' only.

It would be great if we could do this via the 'log a call' action, without actually placing the call via our call tool. I worked with a customer who wants to log calls (and not complete tasks) but does not use HS' calling feature 🙂
Anonymous
適用対象外

This is a necessary change! Would be very helpful

simon-smallchua
メンバー

Sorry sjudson I don't know what your talking about or your screenshot.  It looks great butthere is no button with options like you've shown when we have a task queue and there is no setting anywhere in Hubspot to change this.

We also feel like it's very strange to have 'complete task' by default, because often logging a call includes the busy, no answer, wrong number, options which means the tasks clearly isn't complete.

Also, when you check the 'create follow up task' this doesn't let you edit the new task name, and because we've created our tasks from a workflow which has additional steps based on the completion of this task creating a new follow up task breaks that entire logic.

Capture.JPG

MFisher5
メンバー

I don't understand why this is still an issue? Why can HubSpot not give the option of not completing a task when entering notes, emails, or calls. We have workflows based on task completion, and not having this option means that deals are getting moved around when they shouldn't be moving. 

KMelrose
参加者

This doesn't work for me - I'm still only getting "log call and complete task" with no arrow or other option. Does anyone know how to get this to work the way Scott's "Delivered" post says it is supposed to?

LPigoso
メンバー

Any advance here? We're facing the same problem in my company

LY
投稿者

I don't understand why the option to complete a task by saving a note is even prioritized. This has never been what I'm trying to do when leaving a note at the same time as using the tasks tool. I always have to go back and un-complete the task.

JZimmer
メンバー

I'd like to chime in and ask that this functionality be added to manually logged calls as well, please.

TPlainchamp
メンバー

Very good idea !!

NKeuper
参加者

absolutely needed

SarahX
投稿者

Very much needed, couldn't be too hard to add!