Log SMS texts sent to contacts in the CRM

bhalferty

When hitting the text message icon on the HubSpot Ap, it takes you to your texting screen on your phone, which is great. I think it would be very valuable to automatically log that text into the CRM if you hit that icon button on your contact's page. Right now it is set that you have to copy and paste that text back on the page. 

66 Replies
EMeinhardt

At least having a way to "Log a Text" manually, same as we're able to do with calls, emails and meetings would help to better organize contacts by text.

bscheerer

Please integrate the ability to send & receive (as well as log) text (sms) messages as well as socials like whatapp, fb messenger ect from within the HubSpot platform for desktop & mobile.

TNeal

I can't believe this feature isn't available yet.... This thread goes back to 2017? 

Yes, if anyone at HS is listening, my company needs the ability to:

MVP: manually log a TXT Message

Perfect Word: integrated with iOS so that TXTs originated from HS contacts would (1) log the activity and (2) record on-going chat flow with customer, even if from different sources, as one long date/time conversational tab.  Then the ability to tie "keywords" (hiighlighted) for Contacts, Companies, Deals based on Customer status - would be great, like Gong does. 

Thanks!

SNemmers

I know a lot of Hubspot competitors (Follow-up Boss, Salesforce, etc.) have the ability to record a text message and also to text directly from the App via phone or desktop. Where is this at in development?

AcouteraOwner

I'm curious if anything has been done about this yet?

In my ideal world, Hubspot would log calls that I make directly from my phone (it already knows which contacts I'm calling anyway). Having this functionality for texting would be incredible - oftentimes I just don't log the text messages because it's too tedious and then I lose important information.

Sending texts through Hubspot from my personal phone number (not the Hubspot phone number) would be ideal. If this was possible to do through sequences as well, it would be a dramatic increase in productivity for my team.

I'm hoping to see something done about this because texting is the absolute best way to reach customers. I feel like I'm stuck in the stone age by sending emails that end up at the bottom of my clients' inbox. 

JPollak

I agree especially with VOIP providers.  The API should integrate this function as it does for the phone call function.  Simply add another tab near the Log function.