Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Log SMS texts sent to contacts in the CRM

When hitting the text message icon on the HubSpot Ap, it takes you to your texting screen on your phone, which is great. I think it would be very valuable to automatically log that text into the CRM if you hit that icon button on your contact's page. Right now it is set that you have to copy and paste that text back on the page. 

25 Replies
APT27t18
Occasional Contributor

Hello.

With all due respect, there are already more than a few use cases posted for adding SMS capabilities to HubSpot, just pick any and ... let us know your plans and ETA.

I would start first by adding the activity type itself, SMS, in the list and continue with adding a log for all SMS inbound or outbound events run through the mobile app.

Thank you.

HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

I agree, this is a great idea! It would be great if we could track and log these text/SMS messages in the same way we track and log emails. It can certainly be a pain to have to copy and paste those messages into a note every single time a correspondence is sent, especially if you are using a smaller phone and are trying to navigate the app while creating and editing notes manually.

Kevin_Ferah
Visitor

It would be very useful indeed to have a way to log SMS`s sent to customers. We lost track of those conversations in time or need to copy paste the sms as an email to the customer. Or if we would have a way to add an attribute to the activity type that would also work.

srinath
New Contributor

Hello Folks,

Don't mean to hijack this thread. I just want to follow up to say that the app Rolo CRM works with Hubspot now.

What does it do?

1.    Automatically logs client calls and SMS to Hubspot (only client interactions get logged)
  2.    Gives easy access to CRM info duing calls through a chat head. 

Actually it does a lot more. Please check out the app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netmine.rolo.crm&hl=en_IN

It works only with Android (cannot be done on iOS due to technical limitations). 

leximus
New Contributor

I second this!

ATitheridge
New Contributor

Lots of our chats with a contact today happen via sms and WhatsApp

Woukd be ideal to have these automatically logged as an activity

However until that tech is ready, even an activity type for text message would be great 

srinath
New Contributor

@ATitheridge I dont think you will see a direct integration with Whatsapp anytime soon. Whatsapp does not give out an API. 

There are apps that help with SMS integration (including mine that I mentioned above). 

ATitheridge
New Contributor

@srinath how does your app integrate with HubSpot?

Does the SMS get logged as a note? Or could you tell me (or link for me) about how it shows up in HubSpot?

srinath
New Contributor

@ATitheridge - SMS message gets logged in the call module as an SMSSnippet. The RoloCRM app decodes all entries and presents them to the user. Here is a sample screenshot of what it would look like on hubspot. The second screenshot ofcourse is what it looks like on RoloCRM. Hope that helpshubspot_rolocrm.png

works_like_crm.png

barberja
New Contributor

@srinath Does your app work on iOs as well?