HubSpot Ideas

kakaufman

Lock deal properties at specific stage

Our accounting team would really like to be able to lock all properties on a deal after the deal has been closed won. This will ensure that sales members cannot change anything after the deal closes to affect their bonus. It will also ensure that the sales team is putting the info in correctly the first time since they can't go back and fix it. We would still want Admin to be able to edit properties, but lock them to everyone else. 

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
April 10, 2024 10:56 AM

Hi everyone! I'm happy to share that we've recently released enhancements to this feature, to provide you with added flexibility.

Now, when you enable the feature to limit editing access to deals in specific stages of your pipeline, you can assign specific users and/or teams to have editing access as well. Previously, editing access was limited to super admins only. 

Here's the updated Knowledge Base article with more details on how to use this feature. Cheers!

September 13, 2023 12:22 PM

Hi @LBouchet1, we recognize there's an opportunity to offer more flexibility with this feature. I'm working with the team to figure this out as part of our iternative enhancements. More to come soon! 

Delivered
November 03, 2022 07:54 AM

👋 Hello Community members,

I'm happy to share that we have begun rollout of this feature--all eligible HubSpot accounts should have access by next week. See this Knowledge Base article for more details.

At this time, the feature limits editing access to super admin users. If you have feedback, please share via the in-app survey that you'll see when you go to use this feature in your HubSpot account. 

As always, thank you all for sharing your thoughts and insights with us, and helping us enhance the product experience for all.

Best,
Jeannie 

November 03, 2022 07:40 AM

Hi @callie - yes, users with view permissions (but not communication permissions) can leave a note, but they cannot pin the notes because it's considered "editing." See here for the Knowledge Base article. 

In Beta
October 19, 2022 11:15 AM

👋 Hello again, community members!

We've built a feature to address this, called Limit editing access to select pipeline stages. This feature is now available for early access. If you're interested, please check the "Product Updates" page in your HubSpot account and join our beta

I welcome your feedback on this--we've set up an in-app survey to collect your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

Note: Only available to super admin users and for customers on a Professional or Enterprise plan.

In Planning
September 14, 2022 08:22 AM

👋Hello community members!

Thank you for sharing your feedback and support for this idea. I'm happy to share that we are working on a solution for this.

We're looking to run a small early access group to provide feedback on the solution later this month. If you're interested in joining, please sign up via this form.

Note: Only available to super admin users and for customers on a Professional or Enterprise plan.

I look forward to sharing more updates in the coming weeks!

31 Replies
JeannieN
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @callie - yes, users with view permissions (but not communication permissions) can leave a note, but they cannot pin the notes because it's considered "editing." See here for the Knowledge Base article. 

JeannieN
HubSpot Product Team

👋 Hello Community members,

I'm happy to share that we have begun rollout of this feature--all eligible HubSpot accounts should have access by next week. See this Knowledge Base article for more details.

At this time, the feature limits editing access to super admin users. If you have feedback, please share via the in-app survey that you'll see when you go to use this feature in your HubSpot account. 

As always, thank you all for sharing your thoughts and insights with us, and helping us enhance the product experience for all.

Best,
Jeannie 

callie
Contributor

@JeannieN - hmmm I would definitely love to hear some other customers' perspectives, but from my POV, it seems counter-intuitive to allow part of the note functionality when not all functionality. A note may be crucial to a Deal record, as would be pinning such a note. 

MR_Lemontech

I was going to add the same idea, we are having auditing problems because the Sales Executives change the deal stage freely and mess up with our reporting. Once the deal is WON they shouldnt be able to change that status back. 

VCheung
Contributor

Bump and Please 🙂

LBouchet1
Participant

@JeannieN 

Rather than having two choices when it comes to deal stage-specific editing access (User with access to deals /  Limited to super admins)

Would it be possible to also have the ability to limit editing to specific users/teams?

Kind regards,

Luke

JeannieN
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @LBouchet1, we recognize there's an opportunity to offer more flexibility with this feature. I'm working with the team to figure this out as part of our iternative enhancements. More to come soon! 

RRibeiro30

Hi @JeannieN !

This feature is very important... In my reality, we have a global CRM account that is managed by another country, and we cannot access it as super administrators. This is preventing us from blocking editing of deals when they are won/closed, which has caused numerous inconsistencies in our reports, mainly because the volume of trades is huge and we have no way of controlling it manually.

WE ARE SUFFERING AND THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! WE ARE WAITING FOR THIS.

Best,

Rod.

JeannieN
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone! I'm happy to share that we've recently released enhancements to this feature, to provide you with added flexibility.

Now, when you enable the feature to limit editing access to deals in specific stages of your pipeline, you can assign specific users and/or teams to have editing access as well. Previously, editing access was limited to super admins only. 

Here's the updated Knowledge Base article with more details on how to use this feature. Cheers!

SLangenbahn
Contributor
Great news! Many thanks for implementing this requirement!
LBouchet1
Participant

Thanks @JeannieN this is great news 🙂