HubSpot Ideas

lcottingham

If a customer starts a live chat, enters their email at the prompt but leaves the site before an agent is connected to respond to their enquiry, it would be good if the live chat would understand when a user has left the site, and should, therefore, be automatically emailed the enquiry response from the live chat agent.

Firstly, the live chat should state whether the user on the conversation is currently ONLINE or OFFLINE.

Secondly, if the user is offline, the person assigned to the chat could enter a response in the conversations window that will email the response to the customer as well as post it to the live chat (to resume if they return to the website).

Currently, there is no offline prompt - so a chat agent wouldn't know if the customer has read the response or not.

There is no simple way to email a response, other than going into the contact and typing a new email response. (Starting a new email thread)

Mises à jour HubSpot
Statut mis à jour : In Beta
May 04, 2021 08:39 AM

May 04, 2021 08:39 AM

Hi folks, My name is Eric and I am a PM on the Conversations team working on an exciting new feature that  allows Inbox users to switch their communication channel with a visitor from chat to email and keep the conversation going within the same thread. If you are interested in getting early access to this feature and having your feedback heard, I’d love for you to express your interest by filling out the form linked below.

Channel Switching opt in

Please note: As this feature is in early testing, we’re slowly introducing it to early requestors. Once selected to participate, we’ll reach out to let you know!

Statut mis à jour : In Planning
November 04, 2020 07:48 AM

Hello HubSpot community, 

Thank you for leaving this feedback and I agree, we do need this functionality. I'm happy to update this status to In Planning as our team starts to build out the ability to respond to chats through email. I will keep you up to date with all future developments on this thread.

As for showing if a chat user is currently online or offline, that feature has been developed and we are slowly rolling that feature out over this month.  

15 Commentaires
AttribytesTyler
Membre

Yes! I was just creating an idea for the exact same thing.

This would be very helpful.

SophieBus
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond

My client exactly asks for this feature! In other chats, he was able to see when chat-users are offline.

rachel2
Membre

I've up-voted. Thanks for this.

Does anyone know what happens if you do reply to someone's offline chat?

Statut mis à jour : In Planning
EricRthePM
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hello HubSpot community, 

Thank you for leaving this feedback and I agree, we do need this functionality. I'm happy to update this status to In Planning as our team starts to build out the ability to respond to chats through email. I will keep you up to date with all future developments on this thread.

As for showing if a chat user is currently online or offline, that feature has been developed and we are slowly rolling that feature out over this month.  

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Commenting for a customer here!

Would be really helpful to be able to automate live chat replies into emails once a contact has gone offline! Glad to see this is in Planning (: Can't wait!

EricRthePM

Hi folks, My name is Eric and I am a PM on the Conversations team working on an exciting new feature that  allows Inbox users to switch their communication channel with a visitor from chat to email and keep the conversation going within the same thread. If you are interested in getting early access to this feature and having your feedback heard, I’d love for you to express your interest by filling out the form linked below.

Channel Switching opt in

Please note: As this feature is in early testing, we’re slowly introducing it to early requestors. Once selected to participate, we’ll reach out to let you know!

Statut mis à jour : In Beta
EricRthePM

HenrikCharlie
Participant

@EricRthePM - I'd really like to be part of the beta of Channel Swithing. However, the form does not seem to work. I need to be part of your organization to reply to it. Why not use a hubspot form? ;D

NBoorman
Membre

I'd really like to be part the beta for Channel switching as well. How can I join the group?

what actually happens if you reply to a known users if they have left the browser now? Does anyone know.

CDogan
Membre

Any updates on this functionality please?

It's very important.

ukhubspot
Participant

I find it insane this isn't already a thing, especially as the user is asked for their email. 

The sad thing, HS users I spoke to are unaware their messages aren't being delivered. They assume it goes by email when the chat session is either closed or unread by the customer after a reasonable amount of time.

HS - please escalate this!

JJenkins7
Membre

Are there any updates on this feature being implimented?

We've recently switched from Intercom and are really missing this feature as many of our customers are not seeing our replies. As customers are already entering their email addresses that links to contacts this should be a super easy feature to auto email them with the advisors response so they can come back online and continue the conversation.

Desperate for this feature or we might have to switch back to intercom. 

Thanks!

netaffinitymaja
Contributeur

At times all of our team members are offline and can't take the chats or chats are submitted during out of hours. We have chat ours set up and message informing client sabout th efact that we are currently offline, prompting them to leave their email address if they need a follow up from us when we return online. Currently our best practice is when we go back online, to change that conversation type from chat to email and send the client follow up email uisng snippet that reads 'We are sorry we missed your chat message when we were offline. If you still require assistance, please reply to this email'. It would be great if the system could recognize that this chat message was submitted when no agents were offline, and was able to change that conversation type automatically from chat to email and apply that snippet automatically too & sent to the client

doter
Participant

Hello! It'd be helpful if there were a property in the Conversation object called "CustomerActive" that checks the customer's active status. I can use this to check whether my support team should be alerted to respond to the live chat OR skip this alert and just send an automated email to the customer.

Does that already exist?

JMCabon
Participant

Hi @EricRthePM Is there news abot this feature ?

Thank you very much