HubSpot Ideas

Dylan

Lists that support custom objects

HubSpot should allow contact and company lists to use custom object data as filter criteria

HubSpotからのアップデート
November 20, 2020 05:28 AM

👋@JosephWa Currently, custom object criteria in lists is not available. However, this is something on our immediate roadmap and hope to deliver in early '21. In the interim, you could create a cross object report with your desired critera. Then, export the report and re-import it as a static list. It's a bit of a heavy alternative solution but I do think it will solve your needs for now. Hope this helps! 

50件のコメント
dtavenues
投稿者

This is sorely needed to make the custom objects useful.

HarvestROI
投稿者 | Platinum Partner

We're already using the custom object for a second company type. For example when a sales is attributed to a reseller or a broker. We use the object to associate the Company (customer) as well as the Broker/reseller to the Deal.

JosephWa
参加者

hello,

I have created a custom object that associates with contacts. I can not find a way to create a list of contacts associated with the custom object. even by using a workflow workaround that was suggested I can not find a way to do that. I tried a contact-based workflow and custom object workflow. I am even thinking to create a contact activity event of when it was associated with a custom object so I can filter based on that but I can figure out how to do it. please help.

Bryantworks
キーアドバイザー | Diamond Partner

Hey @JosephWa, could you use a workflow to append a contact property then query by that in the list?  

JosephWa
参加者
Hi
My custom object can have many contacts and contacts can have many custom objects. How would that work in the custom property append? As a text property? I think it needs an exact match for the filter in the list or is it?

J. 
Dylan
HubSpot製品開発チーム

👋@JosephWa Currently, custom object criteria in lists is not available. However, this is something on our immediate roadmap and hope to deliver in early '21. In the interim, you could create a cross object report with your desired critera. Then, export the report and re-import it as a static list. It's a bit of a heavy alternative solution but I do think it will solve your needs for now. Hope this helps! 

JosephWa
参加者

hi,

Thank you for the suggested workaround. Unfortunately, when using custom objects I actually create them based on external data with API to avoid manually export and import into HubSpot lists. This was done like that until now. So your workaround is going back to how we did it. no need to cross report if I already have it, and using custom objects then defeats its purpose. I hope you will get this functionality soon.

magicplan
メンバー

We have experimented with using custom objects to correctly represent our data relations.  We're a mobile app subscription business, so custom objects include things like devices, subscriptions, etc. to accommodate our n:n data relationships.
While the addition of custom objects is great, we desperately need to be able to use custom object data in lists. Otherwise why create relations in the first place?
An example: We would need to set up an active list for all active customers that are using iOS devices. To achieve this our list criteria would include fields of two associated custom objects and be something like:
At least one associated subscription has "Status" is equal to any of "Active" AND At least one associated device has "OS" is equal to any of "iOS".

rls23
メンバー

It would be useful if you could use Custom Object properties when creating lists. 

FlywheelK
参加者 | Elite Partner

how can we get an update when this feature is available?

Jason_M
メンバー

Hi, It's early 2021 - can you please let us know when this will be available? 

SimonNQ
メンバー

I'd like to know too. It's a bit of a showstopper for us

SimonNQ
メンバー

So need this. Any idea when this is coming, HubSpot?

ConversionCrew
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

Also looking for this one

CRMarketer
参加者 | Platinum Partner

@Dylan Great to here this is already in progress. Do you have an idea on when it will be available?

JLoaiza
メンバー

WE NEED TO CREATE LIST BASE ON CUSTOM OBJECTS FILTERS

JorgeMarín
メンバー

Los Custom Objects son el futuro del marketing inteligente y de HubSpot, por eso es necesario que sean implementadas lo más pronto posible las posibilidades de hacer listas y ser utilizados dentro de los workflows.

ATRONZA
メンバー

NECESITAMOS CREAR UNA LISTA BASADA EN FILTROS DE OBJETOS PERSONALIZADOS

MGarces
メンバー

NECESITAMOS CREAR UNA LISTA BASADA EN FILTROS DE OBJETOS PERSONALIZADOS

HOrtiz
参加者

Custom objects are a powerful tool, but it is possible to integrate with functionalities such as generating lists based on their attributes