HubSpot Ideas

Mindspan

List of contacts from list of companies

I would have thought this was basic functionality within HubSpot; however, this doesn't seem to be the case according to support. All I want to do is create an active list of contacts assocaited with an active list of companies. 

E.g. I have a list of companies based on their inclusion in a particular pipeline. I would like to email every contact associated with each company (not just the deal in the pipeline), and so I would like a list of those contacts to utilize in support of that undertaking. This seems like it should be a no-brainer to do, but is apparently impossible just using lists right now and apparently I have to try to create a workflow as a workaround. 

33 Replies
csymphony
Participant

This would be a very valuable functionality for me as well. I often need to associate contacts to companies and don't want to have to create custom fields on the company record. 

richard88
HubSpot Employee

This would be a valuable feature. There are a couple current workarounds:

1. See this post on using a workflow to copy company properties into contact properties to identify these folks in a contact list.
  2. Also see this post which leverages the filter for associated company property to populate a contact list. In a recent use case, we created a custom property specifically for idenitfying the associated contacts from a company property.
JenBolton

Essential feature.

MvanBruggen
Contributor

Cannot believe this isn't possible at the moment....

GHodgson

I have the opposite problem. Support told me to make a new list with the same criteria as the lists I want to include/exclude. This wouldd take days to add all the groups. Had to export at the contact level and delete records manually which almost took as long.

Would have thought this would be one of the first features implemented after they added list building!

MMazurski
Participant

Essential Feature to me too.

RGill6

Essential Feature.

Thrane

Definitely a needed feature.

reycepeda
Participant

Would love this

ki392
Participant | Platinum Partner

This is super basic! I need to be able to create a list of contacts based on the products and services that their company receives, which is tracked in a custom object that it doesn't make sense to associate directly with the contact because the whole company is receiving them...why is this not possible HubSpot?!

SKranjc

I would need this function aswell. Vote from me!

DAllison

Please... Really need this functionality. It is super basic.

faithantion
Contributor

Upvoted as we need this functionality as well. Our scenario is adding Contacts to a Static List if they meet certain Contact criteria and if their Associated Company is a member of a certain Company List. We can view Company Lists in Company-Based Workflows and Contact Lists in Contact-Based workflows, we're just missing the functionality to be able to view both types of lists when building either kind of workflow. I know it may not be as easy as it sounds to develop, but it would be a very useful feature.

CMahler

This is a must have feature, otherwise we have to copy company lists over to contact lists

NValve

Yes please!

mirandm
Participant

Same here. We've identified a static list of companies where we like to run an email sequence, and we now need the list of contacts from such companies. The idea was to create a static list of companies and then create a second dynamic list of contacts based on the static list of companies.

AMacLeod2

Please add this feature 🙂 Seems very basic to have.

NisantaSahoo
Contributor

I am surprised why isn't it has been taken care of yet.  This is a pretty basic feature that should have been by default.

JohnAttala

Upvoting for visibility! 

alexagatiss
Contributor

This is an essential feature.

Right now, we have access to a list of companies that will be attending an upcoming trade show. We recently sifted through our CRM to see which of these companies we have in HubSpot. We now have a list of companies that we have a relationship with that are attending this trade show. However, we would like to send emails to the contacts at these companies. However, a list of contacts cannot be built using a list of companies and their associated contacts.

This feature is for people on the marketing team to aid in building lists. This will automate an otherwise very manual process.