HubSpot Ideas

mkarsten

List Export Settings

We export similar types of data regularly, and removing the default properties HubSpot has set and selecting the same group of properties can be tedious when exporting several lists in a row. It's common that we don't need to export "Companies" properties at all, so wish we could turn that off. Would be great if we could set our own default properties and/or save versions of export settings that we use often. If I'm just not using the right search terms to find an existing way to do these things, please send a link my way.:) Thanks!

30 Replies
Neal
HubSpot Employee

Hey, I think this would be a great addition too. A lot of users will be consistently exporting the same data, and not being able to have a set list of columns/properties to include (for a certain list for example) makes it a repetitive task!

hope
Participant

This is a must-have. Having to reset these for each dataset type is laborious. Custom data pre-sets needed for exports.

Oxatis

This would definitely be a huge improvement of the tool! Adding/removing complete object's data would be a first, but huge, step forward.

brianserocke
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Agreed. Exports are one of the only ways we can keep one of our client's software platforms updated (in the absence of a budget to develop a custom integration) with contacts that are converting in their HubSpot portal. Asking our client to manually remove the default contact properties during a list export and add the ones that tie to their other platform is a major friction point. I'd love to see this feature added to HubSpot especially since we can set default properties in other areas.

brianserocke
Contributor | Platinum Partner

@mkarsten I'm not sure if you've already thought of this but figured I would suggest it. If you're searching for the same properties over and over in the export modal that pops up, one idea that doesn't solve the overall issue but could potentially make it less annoying is to group all of the contact properties that you commonly export into one single property group. That way, when you need to add the properties to your export list, you can scroll to that custom property group and quickly select all of the properties to be added to the export. That assumes you're comfortable with all of those properties living in the same group.

Again, it may not solve the real issue but hopefully, it may help shave off some time and keystrokes. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 4.46.19 PM.png

mkarsten
Top Contributor

This is a great idea, but not sure if we'll be able to take advantage it. I'll review if all the properties are from one property group, and if so, we'll considering using your suggestion. If they come from multiple existing groups, would be confusing to clump them together somewhere else. Thanks for putting the thought into it!

kalle
Participant

Would be very useful to have this option. 

siez18
Participant

I was searching for some way to do this and found this thread. It will be so great to have a default setting of fields when exporting lists. We export list of contacts for offline processing a lot and it becomes really annoying to remove all the default properties and then select the ones we need again. 

Having a default property setting will save so much time. I have been working on cleaning our email list and in past 2 weeks, I have exported multiple lists dozens of time. And each time, I had to select all the required properties again and again. Wishing on this feature to become a reality so eagerly. 

MWierenga

100% Agree. I would think this would be an easy fix on HubSpot's end, hopefully, this gets resolved soon! 

Christo
Contributor

So frustrating having to pick the fields each time, only to inevitable miss one or two just to do it again! 

CharleenMcManus

If you use the same parameters enough, HubSpot picks up on those preferences through "auto-magic". But ... delete your cookies or cache and you're starting over again. Would love to have this "save export preferences" feature. 

NRodrigues
Participant

I would love to have this feature as well to save list export properties that I use frequently. Thanks! 

dachio
Participant

It's definitely a must-have. It's as easy as allowing users to save export settings in their settings gear or in the exporter UI.

steveLpb

Yes PLEASE!!! would love this feature!

SAhmed10

This is something that really needs to be implemented.  It would be ideal to be able to create our own universal default settings for list exports.  Like the others, I typically have the same fields I need for each list and most of the 16 fields I don't need and Job Title is one that should be included.  Thanks!  Please let us know when this is available.  Thanks.

CAspro

Any movement on this @Neal ?

Thanks, 

Neal
HubSpot Employee

Hey @CAspro - I'm not on our Product team so I don't work on new features, but at the moment I can't see any plans for this internally. Our developers will usually update any relevant posts if they begin working on a feature that there's enough interest for, so you can keep an eye on this thread.

I'm seeing this use-case less now than before, however. Generally, if I was working with someone on this sort of flow now I'd encourage them to automate their exports via an integration with the other platforms they're using if possible, rather than relying on manual exports. It's worth exploring our app marketplace to see if there's anything that may fit your needs and speed up your workflow in lieu of a more tailored exports feature. 

SAhmed10
Thanks. I will look into it. I actually found a work around, that if I
change my list view and add the columns I want to see viewing a list in
hubspot, that field became a part of the export.
NRodrigues
Participant
Yes, that is also the solution hubspot gave me. I created a list view named
"list Exports" and I put the exact properties I want to see exported in
that view. then I open the list I want to export into that list view and
export. It seems to be working fine for now.
hhawk
Contributor

I think it's an important feature -- our reason for exporting is part of our reporting process.

To @Neal point about using an API/Integration -- we would have to build an export to Google sheets. It would just be easier to export as CVS and import.