HubSpot Ideas

FacundoCastillo

List Description

It would be nice to have a section in the lists where to put a description of it.

Atualizações da HubSpot
Status atualizado para: In Beta
October 12, 2023 11:47 AM

Hi folks,

Thank you for raising this idea! We also think it's a great one. I'm happy to say that lists descriptions are now available in beta given it also comes with the ability to create custom properties for your Lists! 

You can learn more about this beta and opt your portal in (if super admin) using this link: https://app.hubspot.com/l/whats-new/all?productUpdateId=13908223

Image below shows custom properties + description!

list form button.png

11 Comentários
NAP
Participante

Yes, list description would be helpful for all users to know who, what, and why the list was created.

rMerc
Membro

I know HubSpot is SUPER busy and 2 upvotes won't make it to the eyes of a dev team. But if by some miracle of the development gods this crosses the desk of someone who matters, please, by Bill Gate's good graces, add this feature. It would be such a simple addition. Just think about it... You hear that? Yes, those are the sweet whispers of the coders of long past who used punch cards to send humans to the moon giving you the thousands of upvotes needed to get this feature implemented. Make Margaret Hamilton proud. Make this happen.

mkarsten
Top colaborador(a)

A description or place to put notes would be awesome in the Lists tool!!! They're not always needed, but quite often there's more to the list than can be explained by looking at the filters, and trying to add all the infor in the list name becomes unreasonably. There's got to be a better way than having a spreadsheet or lists somewhere else with notes for lists!:)

EEnglish3
Colaborador(a)

The ability to add list descriptions would help users alot - how does this have so few upvotes?! 😱

Reason being, it's easy to have a ridiculous amount of lists in Hubspot because users create new ones without knowing one already exists for their purposes. Having list descriptions would reduce unused and/or duplicate lists, and subsequently help users keep their platform more organized.

It would also be incredibly helpful if these list descriptions could also appear on hover (the same way properties do).  

MZimo
Colaborador(a)

Great idea!

Efaye
Participante

This would be very helpful! I was just going to post this myself but saw you already had the idea 🙌

marchuleta
Membro

Yes, please add. This is very much needed. 

BHorváth
Participante

+1 , very much needed! 

SZMJudit
Membro

The list description would be must have (!) otherwise we cannot handle the lists successfully in Hubspot.

AElrington
Membro

Is there any update on whether this has been possible yet?

Status atualizado para: In Beta
AndresBustos
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hi folks,

Thank you for raising this idea! We also think it's a great one. I'm happy to say that lists descriptions are now available in beta given it also comes with the ability to create custom properties for your Lists! 

You can learn more about this beta and opt your portal in (if super admin) using this link: https://app.hubspot.com/l/whats-new/all?productUpdateId=13908223

Image below shows custom properties + description!

list form button.png