HubSpot Ideas

Davis

Linking two contacts for association

when we add new contacts we make separate contacts for people like families, friends, etc. I think it would be a great feature if there is a way to link two contacts together. ie: if we add contacts for a married couple, the contact info on husband (A) will contain a 'field' where it can show who he is associated with; In this case, it will show his wife's name (B) info. When we click his wife name, it will automatically open a page with his wife's info page.

I think this will be great in finding associations not only in companies, but network through families, business partners, etc. Plus making it easier to find will certainly an advantage for a Hubspot user.

103 Replies
ahill-ati

Super-important that we have this feature to map client and partner company employee heirarchies. The lack of this feature (especially considering it's been requested for 6 years) reduces the value of the "pro" level and encourages me to push some HubSpot spend to an alternate tool, or just lift-and-shift completely.

LWheeler7

This is a necessity within our firm. We operate based on households, not just individuals. We need to be able to report on the total business a household has brought in, not just one individual. Right now, reports won't allow for this. We could use the company feature, but we also work will businesses not just individuals. It is going to muddy our numbers. 

kaious
Top Contributor

@LWheeler7 have you looked at the custom objects capability? (I know it's an enterprise feature) we use this for similar groupings – you could have an object called "Household" that can link to several different contacts. It'd have a bunch of added benefits like being able to add summary fields on the household like total people, revenue or orders etc...

LWheeler7

@kaious would you create a new custom object per household? We have enterprise and are looking at the custom object option as well. 

kaious
Top Contributor

@LWheeler7 Yeah – I'd have one "Household" object for every household, and then create an association to contacts from that object.
In case you haven't seen, they have relatively recently introduced the ability to setup custom object types from within the UI, which means you no longer need to mess around with API calls etc, making it much easier to setup.
I'd highly recommend the custom object approach – it's helped us structure our data soooo much better.

LWheeler7

@kaious this is exactly what I am looking for! Thank you! 

ABlackmore

It would be very helpful for us to be able to associate spouse contacts/assistant contacts to other contacts so we can market to them as well.  This would also allow for us to report on spouses more accurately.  

DLucas4

This missing feature really seems to let the system down. Be great if this could be dealt asap.

walterl
Participant | Platinum Partner

The way around is using a note field and pin it.. use the association on the right to associate the relationship. This is a workaround..Hubspot is improving associations (in Beta) and later will allow workflows to associate based on conditions

Still feel strongly this should be upvoted!!

EHaylund

This is essential for us. The workaround of creating a Company for every household and tying spouses that way is not feasible. We would love to see traction on this enhancement!

BMalone3
Agree 100%, it is to much of a time suck and work to have to go back and
forth through every contact and have to create custom linkage on both ends.
RBonney
Participant

So weird that we pay thousands of euros a month and do not have a feature that most of the cheap/free CRM systems I have used had. Upvote!

cjrhoads

This is beyond comical at this point. The "idea" was originally submitted in 2017 and here we are 6 years later.

walterl
Participant | Platinum Partner
there is a private beta you can request access to...
RBonney
Participant
How?
mgihv

This would be extremely extremely helpful

ThaisCampbell
HubSpot Employee

+1

SMcFeely

Yes, I need to be able to link married couples, and family relationships, etc.

NDeCicco
Participant

Still havent added this feature after the community has been asking for it for years?  Add me to the list please.

ahill-ati

@NDeCicco You can do this now. It's great.