HubSpot Ideas

daust

Linking to Activities, specifically Tasks in Reports

Hi, In Reports, it would be great to include the ability to link directly to Tasks. We've setup a Dashboard with various sections e.g. My Tickets, My Tasks, My Contacts, Deals at a certain critical stage, for salespeople to monitor on a daily basis. The only report that doesn't link directly to the record is the Report we've created called My Open Tasks - it would appear Activities only show up as non-linked text in reports. It would help team productivity is linking was enabled in Activities i.e. the ability to link directly to the Task record.

2 Replies
CSic
Contributor

We need this too. When using one of the system's library reports, the task does in fact link, but not when you create your own report. I want to customize the visualization and filters on the library report, however it does not allow you to. Can't even clone and then try to manipulate. Seems like the functionality is already there (somewhere).

KristeenRomero
Participant | Platinum Partner

@daust @CSic You can get around this by adding contact ID and/or company ID in the custom report. Tasks are recorded on objects themselves and don't have their own pages, so your best bet is to simply link to the object that the task is likely associated to.

Hope that helps!