HubSpot Ideas

pbmartin

Line Item-Based Workflows

Please add Line Items as a Workflow base so I can trigger actions when a Line Item Term is updated (and then update the parent Deal's Recurring Revenue Amount with the value from Monthly Recurring Revenue amount).

13 Replies
JSwanson7

YES! Also being able to create an internal email and add "line items" as a personalization tag in the email. For example, we send an auto email once a deal has been marked as "closed-won" in our pipeline. That auto email includes the company name, a few other details, and IDEALLY would include the line items associated with the deal so our team is aware of the products that were purchased.

pbmartin
Contributor

Yes! Love the idea for line items on email! We could use it to help fulfillment of services. 

HubLove
Participant

Yes, being able to copy line items from our Sales Pipeline to our Current Live pipeline would allow us to use this function.

jgillan

Yes agreed - would like to be able to copy details from the line items to deal properties so they can be searchable as well.  If a user wants to search for an order by the product included in the order this seems to be the only way to make that connection happen, the line items details are oddly hidden in workflows and would be super useful to generate notifications, emails and such by connecting these details to the workflow.

jgillan

Yes this is super necessary, needed for us. lots of data on the line items without being able to build copy data across workflows. Would be super helpful.

mcraciun
HubSpot Employee

This would be a great addition since if a deal-based workflow is used instead, where it is possible to use line items as enrollment triggers, they cannot be used for re-enrollment since Properties can only be used for re-enrollment when they're the same type as the workflow.
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/add-re-enrollment-triggers-to-a-workflow#add-re-enrollment-t...

AWarzynski

Yes! We need to be able to copy properties from a line item to other objects. 

JBell3

It might be difficult to initially set up but I don't see why workflows can't be cross-object based, like the new reports. It makes so much sense and would save so many problems. It also seems very odd that something as fundamental as the product line items on a deal can't be pulled through to automated emails. It would be great if these two areas could be implemented please.

Paula101

Another use case scenario: live dates entered on each Line Item, notification used to ensure billing for each Item implemented, the notification email would ideally contain a link back to the Item associated with the Deal together with the actual live date entered and any other associated field information.

This would be equally useful on our cancellation date entry for Line Items.

We used this feature in our old CRM and miss it dearly!  

babirossi1
Participant

Line items are crucial and it I fail to understand why they aren't treated like an object. We need line item WF triggers

Anastasiia_V

Fully agree. However not just to update the Deal Amount. We need it to send notifications/emails, to set properties etc.

And it should be re-enrolled for line items as well  

vanessahunt
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

I'm really surprised to see that we can't update values on a Line Item, based on Deal criteria. My client needs to be able to set default values at Line Item level, based on Deal properties. Please tell me I've missed something! We want to be able to do this declaratively with Sales Pro, rather than any custom coding.

matt72
Contributor

We would like to access and update Line Item properties for all Line Items associated with a given Deal. For example, we would like to pull the following properties:

Product SKU: 2024-a 

Seat Color: bk (black)

Seat Style: **bleep** (custom)

and concatenate them in a custom Line Item property called Variant SKU = 2024-a-bk-**bleep**

This would be VERY handy