HubSpot Ideas

joshflightbucks

Limiting Permissions by Pipeline

My company has a workflow that requires one side of the company (claim specalists) to deal with sensitive information of individuals (under contacts) and the other side of the company (sales) to work with companies and contacts to partner with our company.   While the claims side needs to be set to private to whoever is working the account, the sales side idealy needs to be able to see everything but the contacts that are in the claim pipeline.  

It would be great to have a permission setting that would allow for the sales side to see all the sales relevent contacts, yet not be able to see the individuals filing claims. 

Atualizações da HubSpot
March 17, 2021 08:09 AM

Hey HubSpot community, 

A bit of an update here. We have a small private beta going for pipeline permission. If you filled out this form prior to the 17th of March, you should now have access to the feature. You should also receive an email notifying you that access has been granted. We are hungry for feedback on how to improve the feature, so please reply to the email with questions and feedback. 

If you fill out the form after the 17th, we will add you to the beta in the coming days.

Status atualizado para: In Beta
February 24, 2021 07:30 AM

Hey HubSpot community, 

Excited news. Pipeline permissions is in private beta. We are giving early access to portals, at the appropriate tier, who filled out this form. If you provided contact information in the form, you will recieve an email once your portal has been granted access to the feature. 

Again, thanks for the continued feedback, HubSpot community.  

Status atualizado para: In Planning
January 25, 2021 06:43 AM

Hello HubSpot Community

Thank you for your incredible patience here. The team is happy to announce that we will be releasing pipeline permissions, which will allow admins to grant/restrict pipeline access by users and teams, to private beta shortly. If you have any professional or enterprise plan and would like to get early access to this feature, please fill out this form.

June 17, 2020 07:28 AM

@blawlorSJ thanks for the quick feedback. We are working on defining pipeline permissions. In our use case, should everyone with access to the Tech Support pipeline have the permission to edit the pipeline--i.e. make changes to the tickets. In other words, do you have team members who should see the Tech Support pipeline but not have access to edit it?

@JenD1 Thank you for the feedback. 

@dge Thank you for the illustration. Do you need to allow users who have edit acess to a pipeline to view other pipelines but not edit?  

June 17, 2020 06:54 AM

Hey, 

Thank you for submitting the idea. Im a PM at HubSpot and the idea you submitted is aligned with a plan the team is currently working on.  

As I understand your request: you need to be able to give your sales team access to their sales pipelines while restricting their access to the claims pipelines. Is this correct? Do you have a need to allow the claims team to see the sales pipelines but not edit them? The product team is seeking to validate how common is the use case of granting one user/team edit access in pipeline A, for exampe, while granting view only access in pipeline B. 

118 Comentários
Javierross
Membro

I would like to limit permission to some agent.  Hope this subjet solve soon.

Thanks

LTSAkademie
Membro

We also need this feature. There must be the possibility that multiple users can edit a pipeline. Please do that for us. 

scotteau
Membro

I completly support adding this functionality. We had this functionality when we used Salesfore and it's missing from hubspot.  Pipelines and deals should be defined by sales user groups so two different vertical sales teams are not able to access and see deals of other teams if determined by sales opps.

dblock
Participante

This was a great idea when it was first posted in 2017.  Having this feature is essential when dealing with multiple teams.

lizzienom
Participante

Really needed for when working with a partner... i.e. can only show deals that you're both involved in. 

Advokatix
Membro

+1
Is needed!

Also other workarounds do not work, I tried to create two accounts and send the Info wich should be shared throu api put and pull but as usual its a workaround and couses so many problems.

sjpike26
Membro

I have the same requirement as above.  I need to segregate access to pipelines ideally for specific compliance requirements and geographic sales territories.  

ilankasan
Membro

We need this desperately....we are considering leaving because of that.

Amarchohan
Membro | Parceiro Platinum

100% agree - a number of our partners need to have permissioned views on pipelines. Ideally through filtering properties - but worst case selected views on Pipelines. Surely something on the roadmap as data handling regulations keep updating?

markjnorman
Membro

I support this idea. 

I'd also support the ability to restrict visibility of individual deals to specific users.

PAMarcomms
Membro

This is something we also definitely need to implement for our charity organisation!

EdfromParis
Participante

+1 

Janeyb
Membro

Yes please we need/would love this too! 

smichalik
Membro

A must for me as well.

This is serious "privacy" issue.

Dear HS Team, please raise it internally up, and implement asap...

PS

We just stared our Hubspot journey.

So far this makes me wonder migrating our CRM to something else.

ebarajas
Participante

Supporting this idea. Would like to see this implemented.

dge
Membro

We need this as well 

Calebb
Participante

We would love to have this! It's a must-have.

We want the ability to assign specific teams to pipelines and only show the corresponding views when creating tickets so there are no chances of the agent choosing the wrong pipeline. We only want the agent to see the information for their team, hide all other pipelines and properties from their view.

We are using 2 pipelines for our Service board today: Support, and Service Delivery. 

TRob
Membro

This would be very useful in my B2B company 

It could be great that each team has the access ONLY to their pipelines, instead of being able to check the other's pipelines, even if they can't see the deals.

JJustas
Membro

We are a law firm, experts on data protection, and we love Hubspot. Adding the possibility to customize pipeline access would add a great deal to GDPR compliance of Hubspot. Hopefully, it shall be put to the production roadmap soon. 

ShaneM
Membro

+1