HubSpot Ideas

joshflightbucks

Limiting Permissions by Pipeline

My company has a workflow that requires one side of the company (claim specalists) to deal with sensitive information of individuals (under contacts) and the other side of the company (sales) to work with companies and contacts to partner with our company.   While the claims side needs to be set to private to whoever is working the account, the sales side idealy needs to be able to see everything but the contacts that are in the claim pipeline.  

It would be great to have a permission setting that would allow for the sales side to see all the sales relevent contacts, yet not be able to see the individuals filing claims. 

118 Replies
KeeganSmith87
Participant

Yep, this is something we're now hitting into, the lack of granular permissions really is boggling to us.

JenD1

Agreed. This is needed for privacy. Even blocking stage names for some users.

anilson

I believe having permissions for pipelines in ServiceHub would be helpful too. We are dealing with a lot of different processes and some information is not relevant to front end teams using the sales/deals/contacts features. If would be great to have permissions based on pipelines to keep some of this information available to the teams that need to see that ticket information. 

ybaptiste
HubSpot Product Team

Hey, 

Thank you for submitting the idea. Im a PM at HubSpot and the idea you submitted is aligned with a plan the team is currently working on.  

As I understand your request: you need to be able to give your sales team access to their sales pipelines while restricting their access to the claims pipelines. Is this correct? Do you have a need to allow the claims team to see the sales pipelines but not edit them? The product team is seeking to validate how common is the use case of granting one user/team edit access in pipeline A, for exampe, while granting view only access in pipeline B. 

blawlorSJ

"As I understand your request: you need to be able to give your sales team access to their sales pipelines while restricting their access to the claims pipelines. Is this correct? Do you have a need to allow the claims team to see the sales pipelines but not edit them? The product team is seeking to validate how common is the use case of granting one user/team edit access in pipeline A, for exampe, while granting view only access in pipeline B."

Hi Ybaptiste,

For our use case, that is similar. Everybody would have access to our Tech Support pipeline, While Marketing and Senior Leadership would have access to our GDPR Request pipeline. Sales and Marketing would have access to the Deals Pipelines, etc. 

For us, I think it would be best to be able to determine pipeline viewer permissions by both individuals and teams.

Thanks!

-Ben

JenD1

@ybaptiste yes, we do not want our customers to see certain pipelines that have nothing to do with them. We should be able to assign users to 1 or more pipelines as we see fit. 

dge

hey ybaptiste, 

One case would be like this:

We have 15 pipelines and 5 teams, for each team only 3 pipeline is relevant. We would like to hide 12 pipelines for each time and only show the ones that they use.  This is basic. 

Another, more important use for us:

We have a user that we want to be able to see/edit all the deals in one pipeline (including his and others' deals). BUT we don't want him to see others' deals in other pipelines. There's no way to do this currently, because permission only allows owned, team, or 'everything' views. 

ybaptiste
HubSpot Product Team

@blawlorSJ thanks for the quick feedback. We are working on defining pipeline permissions. In our use case, should everyone with access to the Tech Support pipeline have the permission to edit the pipeline--i.e. make changes to the tickets. In other words, do you have team members who should see the Tech Support pipeline but not have access to edit it?

@JenD1 Thank you for the feedback. 

@dge Thank you for the illustration. Do you need to allow users who have edit acess to a pipeline to view other pipelines but not edit?  

blawlorSJ

@ybaptiste For us, once the properties are set up, an all or nothing permission would work. We don't have a need for staged permissions (View and Edit, View only, etc.) for pipelines.

hjohnston
Member | Elite Partner

I agree with this! Since there is not a way to limit viewing access for managers to view deals associated to their team (If one sales person is on two teams, the manager can see all deals. Not ideal.), pipeline permissions seems like the next best thing. Hoping that HubSpot quickly addresses this obvious need!

NoemiNL

+1

Indeed, this is a  must have! 

HarshAppknox

+1, 

HarshAppknox
+1, we are are facing this issue now.
apzuckerman

Title says it all... different teams need access to different pipelines and deals. EG: Marketing doesn't need to see an HR pipeline.

Meladoyu

Same problem, I need to give an access to one pipeline only and this is not possible ...Smiley Surprised

MikaelaFB

We would love to see a feature that users would be able to manage and view only their own created deals in the pipeline or user would have access to only one selected pipeline. 

Graymond

Very strange that you can't restrict users to specific pipelines. Even the most basic of CRM's allows you to do this. Please fix this ASAP HubSpot. I joined an enterprise level software and to be missing this is very heartbreaking.

omgjmay

We need this. 

mauricefluz

Looking at this post.  It seems to be 3 years old.  Has this feature been addressed yet?  I have been trying to find out how to do it on my account but I cannot figure it out yet.

Michelle4
Member | Partner

Voting on this feature. 

The pipeline is automatically created through the e-commerce integration (Shopify), so like the products that are synced, I expected that it would not let us make changes to the pipeline, but it does! This has caused the e-commerce dashboard and reporting numbers to be WAY off. Luckily, the data is one-directional and not posintg back to the e-commerce platform, but I'd really appreciate the ability for that pipeline to allow users to view, but not edit the pipeline.