HubSpot Ideas

Stevie

Limit workflow actions to weekends

There is currently an option within workflow settings to have actions execute only on business days, but there's some room for more customization there. It would be really useful to add a weekend-only option, or allow customers to manually select which days of the week they would like actions to execute on. 

19 Replies
jsearles
Participant

I'd like to see a days-of-week option, too.

smcginty

Absolutely, and this seems like it would be an easy solution given the options that are currently available.

AndreaD
Participant

I could really use this too. We want to have a follow up email for all of the people that request contact over the weekend to let them know a sales person will contact them on the next business day. I was very surprised to discover that this is not currently possible in Hubspot.

JosieSA
Contributor

We desperately need this. We have lots of weekend leads that need to be treated differently to weekday leads. 

Gemmaw
Participant

This would also be useful for us. In the case of a contact enrolling over the weekend, there is no method to execute the next task after 2 business days as opposed to just 2 days. 

e.g. A form submission on Saturday, the contact enrolls in a workflow that gives the salesperson 2 days to answer the query prior to them receiving an automated email which apologises for the delayed response 

We would like this to be 2 business days rather than the time beginning from when the form is submitted 

Yurie

We need it too!! 

Cath

Yes, we would benefit from this update. 

emma10x

This would be hugely beneficial to us - weekend leads are very valuable and more targeted workflows could have a significant impact on the business!

hilanb

Would be very beneficial to us too! 

mikeatmuckrack

This would also be very helpful for us (surprisied this still doesn't exist!) 

aseeler
HubSpot Product Team

The workflows team is currently looking into making the workflow's execution time settings specific to days of the week!

jdante
Participant

It baffles me that this isn't an option. Inbound doesn't stop on the weekends, and neither should automated, time-sensitive follow-up emails!!

sockclub
Participant

We also really need the ability to set tasks based on weekdays in workflows. We currently assign a task 3 days out. If that task cannot skip the weekend, it is basically useless for our team.

Stephp111

Can we get a status upate on this feature? It is something that is needed.

Kob43

How this wasn't an option from the start is completely beyond me...

imanilea
Participant

We really need this feature.  Our engagement is best on the weekends. 

joeb

Hi guys is there any update on this one please? Really could do with it thanks. Unless it exists and I just can't find it (sorry if so!)

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

I’m Megan Legge, a product manager for HubSpot’s workflows tool. Thanks for the comments and feedback!

The ability to choose specific days and time windows for action execution is now available in all types of workflows!

Read more here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/manage-your-workflow-settings#set-times-for-actions-to-execu...

Thank you!

Megan

Ruurd
Participant

Does anyone know if this can also be made applicable to scheduled workflows? I have a workflow that triggers every day at 03:00 AM, but I want to limit that to specific days of the week. I can't set this in the scheduling options and once I create a scheduled workflow, the option to limite execution to specific days is unavailble.