HubSpot Ideas

paytek_haley

Limit who can create new object records (companies, deals, contacts, etc)

I want my reps to be able to edit records they are assigned to, but not have the ability to create a new record (deal, company or contact). 

With anyone being able to create a record, we deal with duplicates, false information, and skewed data.

When we control the record creation, we can be sure our data is clean and accurate.

As businesses grow and have more and more sales, service or marketing reps, it seems unlikely every single user would be responsible for creating records, or should even be able to create records.

Surprised there is no setting for this in roles and permissions, but would love to see it added in the near future.

43 Kommentare
anthonylin
Teilnehmer/-in

I am also interested in this idea, as we want to our sales team to focus on Companies that are assigned to them, and not allow them to create their own companies as we would be giving them more based on performance. 

This way they do not need to focus on other things like lead generation ect. 

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi, commenting for a customer here.

I believe creating a record should have a separate permission from editing.

Sometimes, I would want my users to edit on existing records, but do not want them to mess up the system by creating new records. Would love to have this!

Zoki887
Mitglied

This is a must have

CMorales6
Mitglied

Hola para nosotros seria ideal ya que necesitamos que algunos puedan manejar negocios creados pero no sumar otros nuevos.

aljones
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

We desperately need this functionality.

EmilyN3
HubSpot Employee

I'm posting on behalf of my HubSpot customer- that this is something I get asked all the time and I believe it'd help a lot of our customers 🙂

ThaisCampbell
HubSpot Employee

This feature would help many customers! (: 

Bob2245
Stratege/Strategin | Platinum Partner

Crazy that we can't do this yet. Hope this gets added soon!

Hinrichsen
Mitglied

This is so needed!

MPetri
Mitglied

Completely agree: this would be very valuable to our organization. I'm surprised it doesn't exist yet. 

DStone7
Mitglied

Totally agree, new customer here and surprised it is not possible

DavyL
Mitglied

We really need this feature please.

ThaisCampbell
HubSpot Employee

This feature would be helpful! 🤗

APlocinik
Mitglied

Wow how is this still not a feature???

RWard8
Mitglied

This a must have feature. Not sure how this has not been considerd a risk.

KCadogan
Teilnehmer/-in

Absolutely agree.  I want my users to be able to edit a company record they own - or a manager to edit a company record of someone on their team, but we do not want anyone but a specific group of users to create a new company.

DGupta3
Mitglied

This is needed

ki392
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner

This is really important to data quality/stewardship, especially in an environment with custom objects that expand the use of HubSpot beyond traditional sales/marketing teams. Create vs. edit is critical!! 

DaveMBL
Teilnehmer/-in

Absolutely needed, no question. Should be at the top of the list for new features.

hellomarlo
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

We really need this functionality for data hygiene and automation purposes.