HubSpot Ideas

Tracy127

Limit form submission to a certain number

We'd like to be able to disable a form after a certain number of submissions. 

HubSpot Updates
April 10, 2017 06:15 AM

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 43 votes. 

We have a lot of customers using HubSpot for events. These events all have a limit when it comes to participants.

We have to manually keep an eye on the number of participants, which is isn't really working for us or our customers.

We would really need a way of making forms close (showing a text saying the event is full or showing a different form for getting on the reserve list) after a certain amount of submissions. Or when a list reaches a certain number of contacts.

151 Replies
Jzitek
Contributor

Our company needs this feature as well.

ARoqueta

This would be a great feature to have. I am trying to plan an event with an RSVP form but we'd like to set max form submissions to 60 as that is our max capacity for the event. It would be nice to have the form show a message or revert to a landing page once it hits 60 submissions to give people some clarification that the event is full and redirect them to additional information.

BKeszei
Member | Platinum Partner

this is needed very much

JaneMoore
Contributor | Diamond Partner

This is feature is REALLY needed. We have a form submission that needs to go out every few months but we cannot accpet submissions out of the timeline, we have no way to turn the form on or off and deleting it is not an option as that would loose all data. 

ACandian
Contributor | Diamond Partner

This is being reviewed since two years, hope to see this soon enough

GabrielSabino
Participant

Yes please! We need this.

Thanks for your support!.

WBbyLECO

+1 

Would be a great option and is very needed for our workflow for event attandadee managament.

JLamont

We would also like to be able to:

-Limit the number of submissions withinin a custom time period

-Require a certain amount of time to have passed since their last submission

TIME PERIOD EXAMPLES:

1 Per Lifetime: Only one submission ever

1 Per Day: Voting that allows the same user to submit one vote each day

2 Per Month: Submitting reporting responses that is done twice/month

3 Per Year: Applications that allow three attempts per year

MINIMUM TIME BETWEEN SUBMISSION EXAMPLES:

1 Submission Every 1 Day: Voting that allows the same user to submit one vote each day (Requires 1 day to have passed since last submission)

1 Submission Every 14 Days: Submitting bi-weekly reporting (Requires 14 to have passed since last submission. The 2 per month above would not solve for this as there would occasionally be 3 per month)

1 Submission Every 1 Year: Applications that allow only one attempt per year

EstellePhbt

Totally agree ! We need this update !

As we can not delete submissions, limiting form submission to a certain number, in my case : one, would be very convenient !

TMacFarlane
Participant

There is currently no way to limit how many times a contact can fill out a form. This is causing duplicate submissions in form that shouldn't have them.

Please roll out a feature that limits how many times a contact can submit a form.

RMonareng
Member | Elite Partner

We really need this +1

MOReggio

Just chatted with Support about this today! This feature would be extremely useful

VThorogood

I am adding my voice to this thread. However, it was opened in 2016, and here we are 6 years later, and no further forward?

SChaney
Participant

I cannot understand how this feature still does not exist in 2022, where so many other form creation platforms have had this feature for years. Since this thread was opened so long ago and the feature was "under review" in 2020, I think HubSpot owes its customers an update on this critical component. Especially in a time where limiting capacity of in-person events is so critical for even safety reasons (Covid), this needs to be implemented. 

LIGHTS_Regional
All,

I've given up on HubSpot creating new features based on customer feedback when that feature request does not directly allow them to monetize us. I've spoken with HS representatives numerous times, as a paying customer, and have gotten nowhere. HubSpot is a marketing-driven CMS; all the additional features are extraneous to them, and I don't believe they will prioritize most user requests. -If my response helps change that, great(!), but my institution is downgrading our plan due to (1) changes in cost structure and subsequent fees, and (2) lack of feature request action.

-Good Luck
Mpell
100% agree with everyone's comments. We really need this feature! Right now, we are using Formstack for event signups and manually uploading our registrants to HubSpot. This is time consuming and inefficient! Please work on adding this feature ASAP!
erica11
Top Contributor

We really need this feature too! Please update us HubSpot.

SReis

The sooner the better. Really a shortcoming for events registration. 

SRussell7

We need this please 🙂

smetz
HubSpot Employee

+1