HubSpot Ideas

ParkerShort

Let's have a board view for lead status!

Hi there,

When we implement HubSpot, we get a lot of confusion between lead status, lifecycle stages and deal stages. We have multiple documents that show the difference, and how they're used. One request we get a lot is "can we just track when leads are qualified in the deal stages?"

We typically explain that, Yes, you can, but really you shouldn't, because they aren't truly pipeline at that point, etc. But everyone wants to do this because they understand the board a lot better (left to right = progress). 

So I'm suggesting we get a board view based on lead status! People understand that. They get a lead that's new on the left, and they have to move it to qualified on the right. Progress! Let's do it! 

To underscore my point, no matter the level of operational ability, if you see one thing being used in HubSpot, it's the deal pipeline - everyone gets it, and that's the thing they keep updated. Lead status is rarely used, unless they have BDRs/SDRs and a clear handoff to an AE OR they're more sophisticated. 

(while we're at it, if you just copy the pipeline process deals, we could get required fields too!)Lead Status Board Diagram (1).png

4 Replies
Jon-RevenueOps
Contributor | Gold Partner

Yes! 100% agree with this. This is especially true for orgs that are focused on lower volume, higer prospect value where you are combining inbound & outbound efforts.

JOpie
Top Contributor

Great idea! Could be added to the contacts page much like the kanban is added to the deal page. Would work the same way!

JHaysome

I raised this some time ago and completely agree - it would make lead tracking so much easier.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Replicate-the-pipeline-card-view-for-contacts-Leads-i...

CBN
Top Contributor

Would be cool. Makes a lot of sense and this what we currently try to do with reports and dashboard widget, but it's not really it.

This feature would help a lot in terms of a report:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Group-By-Option-in-Reporting/idi-p/353073

Then you can create a contact report grouped by Lead Status. Not quite a dashboard, but much more operational (especially if you can show the report columnwise by Lead Status).