HubSpot Ideas

AhsanArif

Lead Response Time - First Contact Date

We need to have a feature in Hubspot to measure Sales Response Time from when the lead is created and first contacted. Hubspot currently has Last Contact Date, however, the First Contact Date property is missing. It will be an excellent addition to Sales Management. 

Previous community threads on this topic include:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Form-Submission-Response-Time/idi-p/56623

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Dashboards-Reporting/Lead-Response-Time/m-p/18273

These threads date back to 2017 with no action taken.

I request Hubspot Developers team to kindly add this feature.

49 Replies
nikkiv
Top Contributor

Any update on this feature? We want to measure this and I'm struggling how to do so within Hubspot. 

You reference is as one of the KPI's to measure in your blog: https://blog.hubspot.com/sales/sales-metrics

adamhawes
Participant

One hack is using support tickets - but this is far from ideal. 

We need a proper native solution soon!

JohnDrinane
Participant | Elite Partner

Hey! I too was surprised that HubSpot didn't have this report natively. I built a workaround using HubSpot workflow and webhook, Zapier and Google Sheets. I've implemented it for a few clients in our agency and it's working great so I created a tutorial on how to set it up. Also would be happy to help anybody trouble shoot while setting this up so we can get it working for you.

Here is the link to the tutorial: https://www.revenueriver.co/thecuttingedge/what-is-your-companys-lead-response-time

OfferZenBrett
Participant

Is this ever going to get implemented? 

Has anyone fig out a workaround? 

GG123

@JohnDrinane That looks great! I'm gonna test it this week. 

Really grateful for you posting it here, thanks!

OfferZenBrett
Participant

@JohnDrinane thanks for sharing that workaround. Haven't tried it yet. But seems like a good solution. 

Pretty sad though, that one has to go to all that effort to track this and this isn't something ones can easily do in hubspot.... 

markflint

Agreed, this would be a fantastic addition that would allow us to monitor response times. 

Couple of additional ideas:

• As well as a report that shows overall company response time, could this also be displayed in a leaderboard of sales reps? To show who's performing the best and create a bit of healthy competition.
  • Would it be possible to break the response time figure in half between office hours and non office hours?
Luke4
Participant

@adamhawes What is the hack with support tickets for measuring speed to lead? This is a really important metric we use. Do you have any more information on this, how we can report on it?

JohnDrinane

Hi @Luke4  did you check out the work around I built?

https://www.revenueriver.co/thecuttingedge/what-is-your-companys-lead-response-time

We use it for lead response time for a couple of our clients and it might work for what you are looking to acomplish.

Also I'll be happy to help you set it up if you run into any issues, just shoot me a DM.

-Regards

John

markflint

@JohnDrinane your workaround works brilliantly! Thanks for creating and sharing this!

We're now able to record the time between a lead becoming an MQL and being contacted. Then through that property, we're able to create a few custom reports to show average response time and also a leaderboard for the sales team.

One thing I haven't been able to get my head around: do you think there's a way to break up the lead response time by working hours and non working hours? The non working hours figure is distorting the total average so if you know a way to split this out that would be amazing.

JohnDrinane

Hey @markflint!

I'm glad it helped!

I've been thinking about your issue and through talking with some co-workers came up with an idea. It sounds like your are measuring from when the prospect becomes an MQL so I'm assuming you're are grabbing the time stamp from the "versions" of that property out of the API. 

You could try another workflow and new property instead. If you create a date property called something like "Time stamp business hours" and created a workflow that only triggers during business hours in the workflow setting (detailed here) and the enrollment trigger as MQL lifecycle stage then theroretically anybody that become an MQL outside business hours will only go through that workflow once the next business day at what ever time you set. You can have it fill in the new property that you created with the date and pull the timestamp out of the verions of that property through the api on Zapier.

If that works as planned, let's say you have 5 prospects that become MQLs over the weekend. Monday morning is when the system would start tracking how long it takes to contact them. 

Hope that helps, and if I didn't explain it well, feel free to reachout.

BennyM

This would be a key metric for our Marketing/Sales Ops.  Does anyone know of any workaround walkthroughs?  I'm thinking custom timestamp workflows... but then you're only looking at days, not hours or minutes.

Ideally, the time a form is submitted (Request for Quote) to Sales outbound communication and types of communication.(

e.g. examples

RFQ Form submission to email 18 hours

RFQ Form submission to Phone 3.4 hours

XYZ Campaign Form Submission 18 minutes

We can even take this into FB Message TTFR data.

JohnDrinane

Hey @BennyM

That was an issue, I worked it out using Hubspot's webhook. Burried in the webhook code is a UNIX timestamp which gives you the time down to the second. I created a tutorial for how I managed to get lead response time with Hubspot. 

Also I'm willing to help you troubleshoot. If you have any issues, don't hesitate to message me.

Here's the link to the tutorial.

https://www.revenueriver.co/thecuttingedge/what-is-your-companys-lead-response-time

DavidCarpenter
Participant | Diamond Partner

I agree. This should be a core report. It makes all the sense in the world.

cwin033

would love this to support our sales team. everyone loves a goal. you can't move what you can't measure!

rok
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

We are working on a new report tracking average time to engage a contact as part of a new sales reporting experience currently in beta.

We expect it to be released to all beta users in June 2020, and be made available to all Sales Pro & Enterprise customers in by end of Q3 2020

finn
Top Contributor

+1

chrisbreikss
Contributor | Diamond Partner

@rok, any update on this?

Gary_Gillick

@rok I'd also love to know! Are things still on track for Q3? Would really like to be a beta tester here too if you need

RoxPepin
Participant

How does one get access to the beta?