HubSpot Ideas

Shay

Lead Flow Call Out Customization

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 25 votes.

Add the ability to use custom HTML and CSS on Lead Flow call outs to match the call outs to our brand / site design.

43 Replies
Xavier_Parduyns
Participant

An nice exemple to do it is optinmonster 

Really nice optin and you can go directly to an external url without email catching if you want like a landing page with a form

JessicaMackey

Yes - would love the opportunity to customize the email capture (lead flow) pop-ups. 

Right now it looks like a basic template from the 90s. Would love bigger images, ability to modify size of text and format of pop-up itself. Make it look a bit more modern/align with look and feel of site better.

Albus
Participant

I'm disappointed by this not being there. Its kinda ruining the importance of a form with instantly visible CTA. Not being able to change even the size of a form makes it very hard to ask for more than 2 pieces of information. So email and first name? Or email and last name? Or just first and last name? As there isn't a column for full name (which is also impractical), one gets only as much. And as email is perhaps more important than a name, it makes it uneasy to choose. CTA of the form should be visible in first second, one shouldn't have to scroll down. 

GLC
Contributor

Why can't we customize the email capture (lead flow) pop-ups in Hubspot?! We would love to be able to do this to align the pop-up with our site brand look and feel. Currently not sure if we will use it without any additional customisation available. Seems crazy Hubspot have not create a way that we can use to access more customisation to it, or even have access to the html/css for it! Such a big necessity.

MarginFarm

How do you edit the look and feel of the email capture pop up? 

beyhlh
Participant | Gold Partner

Please add the ability to eliminate the multi-step process and have the form appear on the first pop-up. Having the second click is killing conversions! Also the ability to customize the image size, color/fonts would aslo be great and really align Hubspot with pop-up best practices. Right now this feels like a "check the box" feature instead of a real, usable feature. We still have to go to another vendor to get a pop-up that converts. Thanks so much! 

chloemarie93
Participant

I agree with these thoughts! Especially beyhlh's on removing the mandatory steps.

SarahDwyer

Yes or just simply being able to apply black font on a white background pop up like this image, is currently not available on Hubspot. enjoying this article.JPG

vdecker
Participant

It would be nice to have more control over pop-up forms for branding purposes like having access to the css. 

MarcCowlin

While I love the pop-up functionality - I'd love to see much more control over the design elements. It would be fantastic to see more options for brands to style pop-ups to better match their style guide/brand requirements. 

Daniel_Bleich
Key Advisor

Would like to be able to make changes to the code of pop up forms

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi HubSpot Community,

My name is Joe, I'm the Ideas Forum Manager. I've been in contact with the HubSpot product team about this Idea, and I wanted to provide a quick update.

We appreciate all the feedback you’ve shared here to help our team evaluate this feature request. However, at this time, this functionality is not something our team is planning to build into HubSpot. This is certainly subject to change in the future, so feel free to leave feedback if you'd like. We'll update this thread if our plans change.

Best,
Joe
Ideas Forum Manager

reTyre
Participant

I find it ridiculous that everything is fully customizable but the pop-up forms aren't. As an inbound tool, this should definitely be among top priorities as it can improve lead capturing significantly. Adding custom colours or a background image really shouldn't be that big of a deal. As someone noted, currently they look like something from the '90s. Disappointing. 

Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner

A real shame not to have the ability to style the Popup... Can't even apply the form styling options to popups. So a simple thing like trying to get the Pop Up to match the look and feel of your native Hubspot forms is not possible. There is default grey background and no options to change font or anything. Far too basic for our requirements.. What a pity.

tim_prip
Participant | Partner

The pop-ups are great, but it can't be that everything is customizable in HubSpot, only in this field you can' even adjust the font size to that of the page. We really need this feature!

DomRychlik
HubSpot Product Team

Hello HubSpot Community,

I'm Dom and I’m a Product Manager at HubSpot. Myself and the team are looking at this at the moment and we’d be really interested in hearing more about your use cases and generally finding out how you are currently using pop-ups, what’s working for you and what’s not working, what functionality you would like to see added in the future. Please DM me if you’re interested in sharing your feedback and jumping on a quick 30 min call with myself and the team.

Best,

Dom

Alley-Samantha
Participant
Hey Dom! I would happy to discuss this with you. A great tool I have used
in the past is SumoMe. It is full customizable from images, fonts,
placement, etc. Currently this feature on hubspot is very limited. If you
are in the research phase of this feature I recommend looking into SumoMe's
popups.
DomRychlik
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks Samantha, I just sent you a DM

vdecker
Participant
Hi Dom

I’m looking for more functionality/customization with the pop up forms like custom font, color, and background colors, button colors, etc.

Thank you,

Valerie Decker
Digital Strategist
Neighborhoods.com | 55places.com
p: (773) 278-5500

Sent from my iPhone
yingwei
HubSpot Product Team

Hey there, 

Posting on behalf of a customer: 

Ideally, what we'd like would the ability to skip the callout section of the form OR have the option to add a form field such as email. A common example would be let's say you visit a shopping site for the first time, the pop-up occurs offering you a 10% off as a first-time shopper and you add in the email right away. The concept would be similar in this case and this is the end goal for us. 

This is super beneficial because it simplifies and/or provides flexibility to the current process that we have which is a two-step process to a one-step process.