HubSpot Ideas

Shay

A/B Testing Forms

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 39 votes.

There currently isn't a way to A/B test forms. I'm assuming other users out there would be interested in A/B testing whether or not certain fields create higher form submission drop off than others.

HubSpot-Updates
February 11, 2022 05:02 AM

@Esthervand 

To add more clarity here - we did not complete the development of the Forms A/B  testing feature and it was never in the beta testing stage. We had to drop this before the development was fully done to address other priorities. I hope that clarifies.

Thank you!

Regards,

Sabari Ram 

Senior PM, Forms & Feedback Surveys

February 11, 2022 03:21 AM

@PaddyBlocks  Thank you for your inputs. Yes, we would definitely like to revisit building Forms A/B testing feature later. We are not actively pursuing it now in order to focus on other feature improvements.

Regards,
Sabari Ram

Status aktualisiert zu: Not Currently Planned
February 11, 2022 02:42 AM

Hi Everyone, 

Forms A/B testing is not being built at the moment and the beta mentioned in the above thread is not active.

This is not to say that this idea will never be developed, just that there are no plans to do so at this time.

We will consider this feature in the future. Thank you!

Regards,

Sabari Ram,

April 23, 2021 05:48 AM

Hi Community, taggin the new PM for Forms and Feedback @SabariRam here for some more details

Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
March 09, 2020 08:07 AM

Hi everyone, 

Just to let you know our team is currently working on this feature. Please DM me if you're interested in joining a Beta when it's ready. 

Thanks,

Dom

PM Forms 

93 Kommentare
LenJacobs
Mitglied

HubSpot should add the functionality of A/B testing to their email popup system. This is marketing 101 -- testing testing testing. Do you agree?

Status aktualisiert zu: Needs Detail
vishnu
HubSpot-Produktteam

@LenJacobs - interesting thought. Can you provide some context around why you would like this feature? What types of A/B tests will you conduct if this was in the product now?

LenJacobs
Mitglied

If "Lead Flow" is Hub Spot's term for popups, the context for testing popups should be obvious: Anything that can lead to more signups or engagement with leads needs to be explored. For instance, is a % off for new subscribers as strong a case as $ off for new orders? Is "Free" better that "Information" or "community"? There are so many variations to test in acquiring a new customer and no best practice is a best practice for all potential customers or for all merchants. Do you need more examples? Hope this is going to move up in the proposed or actual feature enhancements for the Lead Flow system.

HaokunWang
Teilnehmer/-in

Yes! That's something I want to have too. A/B testing for call outs, buttons etc.

Pratik
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Agreed. This is a must have for embedded forms...

rowens
Mitglied | Diamond Partner

Yeah this would be really helpful functionality - the ability to split test popups would be beneficial

raleighleslie
Mitglied

Surprised this is not a thing yet! Thanks for considering how important this feature is. Have a wonderful day.

Status aktualisiert zu: Idea Submitted
roisinkirby
HubSpot-Produktteam

debra-jmxbrands
Teilnehmer/-in

I actually need to do this right now. I need to test whether giving a discount helps with sign ups or not. I am trying to figure out if there is any work around since HubSpot does not provide this.

frankschouten
Mitglied

Yes please! This is a much needed feature for embedded forms.

chris13
Mitglied

This should absolutely be core funstionality.

cpieri
HubSpot Employee

This would be a great function for this particular use case: If someone has workflows that use forms as the enrollment criteria, creating a new form to test in an A/B landing page is not really a smooth solution because all the enrollment criteria has to be replicated for this new form.

Mirielle
Teilnehmer/-in

I really need this too.

jknapp
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

This will be huge for me, We are trying to keep our forms as light as possible for a conversion ease of use but also would like to provide the information sales is asking for. Testing feilds in an A/B environment without having to maintiain two forms and a landing page will save my team extra effort and get the maximum result.

vmcgee
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner

I'd like to A/B test a white paper against a recorded webinar using lead flows on a speicifc webpage. 

Mirielle
Teilnehmer/-in

I really need it too

matthewscheer
Teilnehmer/-in

Agreed. This would be a great feature to have and add value to our marketing efforts. 

Maret
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner

+1

I'd like to split test how different forms of pop-up (left slide in, cover the page etc) or change in colour could increase engagement as well as split testing with text.

Any idea when this might get implemented?

AllyseS
Mitglied

YES. Why there isn't already a feature to A/B test copy, forms, or images on a lead flow is surprising to me. This is the #1 thing marketers should be doing to increase leads.. testing. Please implement this soon. 

Samanthamyers
Teilnehmer/-in

1000000%