HubSpot Ideas

Shay

A/B Testing Forms

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 39 votes.

There currently isn't a way to A/B test forms. I'm assuming other users out there would be interested in A/B testing whether or not certain fields create higher form submission drop off than others.

93 Replies
LenJacobs

HubSpot should add the functionality of A/B testing to their email popup system. This is marketing 101 -- testing testing testing. Do you agree?

vishnu
HubSpot Product Team

@LenJacobs - interesting thought. Can you provide some context around why you would like this feature? What types of A/B tests will you conduct if this was in the product now?

LenJacobs

If "Lead Flow" is Hub Spot's term for popups, the context for testing popups should be obvious: Anything that can lead to more signups or engagement with leads needs to be explored. For instance, is a % off for new subscribers as strong a case as $ off for new orders? Is "Free" better that "Information" or "community"? There are so many variations to test in acquiring a new customer and no best practice is a best practice for all potential customers or for all merchants. Do you need more examples? Hope this is going to move up in the proposed or actual feature enhancements for the Lead Flow system.

HaokunWang
Participant

Yes! That's something I want to have too. A/B testing for call outs, buttons etc.

Pratik
Contributor

Agreed. This is a must have for embedded forms...

rowens
Member | Diamond Partner

Yeah this would be really helpful functionality - the ability to split test popups would be beneficial

raleighleslie

Surprised this is not a thing yet! Thanks for considering how important this feature is. Have a wonderful day.

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

debra-jmxbrands
Participant

I actually need to do this right now. I need to test whether giving a discount helps with sign ups or not. I am trying to figure out if there is any work around since HubSpot does not provide this.

frankschouten

Yes please! This is a much needed feature for embedded forms.

chris13

This should absolutely be core funstionality.

cpieri
HubSpot Employee

This would be a great function for this particular use case: If someone has workflows that use forms as the enrollment criteria, creating a new form to test in an A/B landing page is not really a smooth solution because all the enrollment criteria has to be replicated for this new form.

Mirielle
Participant

I really need this too.

jknapp
Contributor

This will be huge for me, We are trying to keep our forms as light as possible for a conversion ease of use but also would like to provide the information sales is asking for. Testing feilds in an A/B environment without having to maintiain two forms and a landing page will save my team extra effort and get the maximum result.

vmcgee
Contributor | Diamond Partner

I'd like to A/B test a white paper against a recorded webinar using lead flows on a speicifc webpage. 

Mirielle
Participant

I really need it too

matthewscheer
Participant

Agreed. This would be a great feature to have and add value to our marketing efforts. 

Maret
Participant | Platinum Partner

+1

I'd like to split test how different forms of pop-up (left slide in, cover the page etc) or change in colour could increase engagement as well as split testing with text.

Any idea when this might get implemented?

AllyseS

YES. Why there isn't already a feature to A/B test copy, forms, or images on a lead flow is surprising to me. This is the #1 thing marketers should be doing to increase leads.. testing. Please implement this soon. 

Samanthamyers
Participant

1000000%