HubSpot Ideas

SHSSandra

Knowledge Base - Adding forms to articles

At time of writing, it is reportedly impossible to add forms to knowledge base articles. I'm aware that the tool is still fairly new compared to the rest of Hubspot's arsenal, but I feel like not being able to add forms to knowledge base articles makes it more difficult for us to capture potential leads who would be interested in purchasing our product.

So, being able to add forms to knowledge base articles not only would make it easier for my marketing and sales teams to find qualified leads, but would potentially help our customers get the information they're looking for faster. Otherwise, they'd have to take an additional step in journey  go find a form on a landing page instead of submitting and get the information they want instantly. Undoubtedly there are other potential uses for being able to add forms, including enabling users to ask questions that aren't listed in the knowledge base, among other things.

I would like to see form capabilities for these knowledge base articles in the future, and I hope to see it someday soon.

Thank you for your consideration!

Sandra

10 Commentaires
Draper3000
Participant

Just went to do this and embedding the forms is still not available.. (Unless I'm doing it wrong).

mcraciun
HubSpot Employee

You can now add support forms to your knowledge base, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/knowledge-base/set-up-support-form-for-your-knowledge-base

mattgen180
Participant

How about adding a form within articles? I tried inserting an embed code but that doesn't work. I can see lots of value being able to have an email signup form at the bottom of each article.

OliviaB
HubSpot Employee

Adding forms to articles would allow for private forms on restricted articles. Currently, the 'support form' can be filled out by anyone, even on restricted knowledge bases. 

EmmaFox
Membre

It would be really great to be able to have the option to add a form at the end of articles. We have looked into using the Knowledge Base as a support forum for our custmers, where they can search for information on issues they're having with their products. However, Knowledge Base falls short for us because it doesn't have the option to submit a form/ticket at the end of the article if the article didn't help the customer resolve their issue. For example, asking customers "Did this article answer your question?" and if they select "No", giving them the option to fill out a form to submit a ticket with our support team. Currently we are using a different platform rather than HubSpot purely for this reason.  

I understand there is a Contact Us option on the homepage that customers can click to submit a form, however the text is tiny and is not very clear. 

Thank you,

Emma

rensdckw
Membre

You can now add your form to knowledge articles! HubSpot has just added that you can now embed any code into a knowledge article, so you can embed your form code.

mrspabs
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Elite

@rensdckw I just went and tried to embed my form's JS into the KB article and it didn't work. I am going to try to make a landing page and iframe if.. but can you share some more info if you got it to work?

mrspabs
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Elite

@OliviaB. It would be nice to have the ability to embed any form. For instance, if we want to allow people to signup for a beta via a KB article, or if people want to be added to a list to be notified of changes to a feature.

rensdckw
Membre

@mrspabs Inside the editor of the KB article, I used Insert --> Embed to add the form. I pasted the embed code ("<script> .. . </script>") from the form in there (in the form, go to 'Share' and then 'Embed Code'), and that just pretty much did the trick for me. The form doesn't show up in the editor, merely creating a blank rectangle there, but the published article itself contains the form. Have you published the article and checked out whether it was on there?

CVillalobos
Membre

Is this now available? Can I custom code it into a Knowledge Base front page?