HubSpot Ideas

david-perroud

Knowledge Base: Add extra fields for SEO meta-data

Our Knowledge Base is partially publicly available and indexed by Google. It features a lot of content both for existing customers but also potential customers (e.g. they wanna know in detail how to use the product before buying, or are googling for a specific issue that our product can solve). Therefore the Knowledge Base has SEO potential to increase traffic and leads.

However right now it is impossible to do advanced SEO optimisations for KB articles, as basic SEO meta-data fields are not available to edit specifically.

Please add (at least) the possibility to edit these for each page:

• Page Title
  • Meta-Description

Furthermore these functions could be also useful in regards to SEO:

• Possibility to redirect a KB page to another URL
  • Possibility to set the robot meta-tag at a page level: index / noindex

Thanks,

48 Commentaires
sabrinaroussel
Membre | Partenaire solutions Elite

Totally agree! Knowledge Base has a lot of SEO potential!

I would also like to request custom headers that would allow us to apply even more SEO markup and customization to Knowledge Base articles. Basically, it would be great to see a lot of the Blog features also available in Knowledge Base.

dtafleur
Membre

Amen!

johnnyr209
Contributeur

Definitely need this!

daliboard
Membre

It'd be great to see the majority of settings for blog articles implemented for knowledge base articles as well (metadata, OG tags, etc.). Please consider implementing this as soon as possible.

gonzblanco
Participant

Or put another way: please avoid, urgently, all the duplicated content issues that this tool is giving us

Statut mis à jour : Being Reviewed
lpleva
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hello HubSpot Community,

Thank you, as always, for your continued feedback! It helps us build a great product.

We are constantly evaluating and re-evaluating our priorities and roadmap to deliver as much value as possible to our customers. 

The request to be able to customize SEO meta-data fields for KB articles makes a lot of sense. Based on the comments and use cases you all have listed, we are reviewing this request and its feasibility against other priorities on our roadmap. At this time, I don’t have any details around timing or delivery, but thank you for the comments and votes on this post. We’re actively looking into what it would take to solve this problem.

Julia_Plytix
Participant

Yes, I agree too. It's necessary to optimize SEO in KB. 

goldiblocks
Membre

Hi Hubspot, we rely strongly on organic marketing in our industry and SEO for the knowledge base is a must as we share a lot of trading announcements to social media. ATM, we cannot compete with competitors who are using Zendesk and have meta data integrated into their platforms. 

Please consider SEO for the knowledge base as a high priority for your users. 

pokeefe
Membre

I agree with this suggestion too and hope it's implemented.

TimD1
Participant

Same here! We definitly need the "noindex" option as we are using the KB also as a glossary which means thin content.

traveltimelouis
Membre

I'm shocked a primarily inbound marketing company doesn't have this yet! Fingers crossed this can be added. 

KevinPalonés
Participant

It's important! 

JanaHap
Membre

We have the same issue, we would like to edit meta tags for SEO. Would be great to have this feature in the future.

dirktolken
Membre

This is driving me mad at the moment! We can optimise everything except KB articles! Big +1 on this feature.

Momo
Participant

Totally agree with this !

toricook
Contributeur de premier rang

Yes, please! I think this will also help with delineating responsibilities between support and marketing teams for us. 

emilybrogan
Membre

Can't echo the request louder. This is currently the biggest thorn in my side from a site health standpoint. 

sblochet
Membre

Hi, I need it.

JavierM
Membre

Yeah, I also need it. 
I don't want my KB pages to be indexed.
Is there a workaround while we wait for the final solution?

CReid
Membre

I also require the ability to have a basic title and meta information on the main page of the KB.  With the ability at the least to include the company name or "site title" before the individual page titles:  Company Name - Article Title for example.  If you have any update or suggestions that would be great.