HubSpot Ideas

Arne

Keep quotes accessible after expiration

It’s a nightmare that quotes are no longer accessible for the customer nor possible to just reactivate them as a seller.

It would be OK to have customers access it but as „expired“.

For sales, recreating a quote just because a customer orders a few days late due to a slower procurement process (vacation, sick leave etc.) is time burning. Just give sales the option to modify quotes with regards to content and due date whenever they want.
HubSpot-Updates
Status aktualisiert zu: Idea Submitted
December 03, 2020 08:50 AM

Hey folks - if a quote is recalled by the rep, they can set a new expiration date and all of the old info is retained, so there's no reason to create a new quote, if that helps.

35 Kommentare
hestiahearth
Mitglied

The temporary solution is to set a far away date until a new feature is introduced.

DPansbo5
Mitglied

Would be a great feature. Our clients finds it super unprofessional that they can't access the quote after it has expired, often resulting in us "losing" valuable points. 

LBlassmann
Mitglied

I also agree! It is a huge pain to have to recall a quote just to change the date. This happens to us regularily! 

Reasons why:

- Clients are annoyed when they cannot see the quote anymore

- It takes up a lot of unnecessary time to edit & recall each quote

- Why have a due date if it can't be correctly used? (When using the temporary solution of setting a far away date)

I would love if the quote were still accesible even if the due date is expired.

MPastranaRios
Teilnehmer/-in
Exactly! I absolutely agree with Lblassmann. This is something many users
have been asking for. Even if the quote is expired and the top of the page
states "Quote Experied" it should allow the client to contact their sales
rep. And to at least see a branded landing page for the company they are
purchasing from. Not a hubspot page with Hubspot logo.
Please! When can we expect this to change?
A_Jen
Teilnehmer/-in

Make this happen. So annoying.

MNuzzo
Mitglied

Adding to the chorus of wanting this very basic feature of having a quote still be viewable even after it's expired. Hubspot why are you completely silent on this?

MPastranaRios
Teilnehmer/-in

I agree with @MNuzzo . The original post by @Arne was made back in 2019. 

With all the new things that Hubspot is rolling out, you would think this would be a very simple thing to do for Hubspot. 

And why are there no responses to this thread from Hubspot?

KBoschitsch
Teilnehmer/-in
I think it is pretty clear that Hubspot users would very much appreciate this functionality. Can someone of Hubspot please comment on their position of this topic?
KimHacker
Mitglied

We'd also like this!

BSong
HubSpot Employee

Hi Team,

Having an indefinite expiration date may not help much, as in some cases customers may use these links for legal documents. Also, it helps their clients be able to access the quotes which they might have missed out on downloading previously. Hope this adds more on context to this!

KBoschitsch
Teilnehmer/-in

Thanks for the feedback @BSong , note the issue is not about an indefinite expiration of the quote, but the availibility of the quote for viewing after expiry.  Given the legal aspect, the expiry date is mentions on the quote, so this would not change.  What i holding hubspot to add this functionality? Regards, KJB

Arne
Stratege/Strategin

In the meantime (since requested in 2019), the option to recall and edit has been made available already by HubSpot. That is good so far.

What is still missing is the option for the SalesHub licensed users to simply view a quote that has expired by clicking on the link.

Example:

A customer is referring to an elder email that includes a quote link. Now, I would want to be able to just click the link an open the quote in the browser to see what the customer really means/wants to discuss with me. I cannot do that because the internal saleshub user is treated like the external party.

Instead I have to go through the deals, search for the respective quote, recall & edit it just in order to see it again.

BUT I do not want to open and I should not manipulate an old document that should be in a compliance archive.

Please make a difference between HubSpot users (internal) and the external world if you think that an outdated quote should not even be visible to the outside world.  

WChartain
Mitglied

The fact that our customers can't view quotes after they are executed and therefore can't see the payment links makes us think that Hubspot is not the long term solution for our quoting.

Fee_Lee
Teilnehmer/-in

what a night mare when I have to build a fresh quote instead of making a duplicate of the expired quote and edit from there!

GTorrens
Mitglied

Hello Hubspot.  Our business has projects life cycles that are up to 2 years long, however, our quotes only remain valid for 2 - 6 months, dependant on whether we are at the estimating end or the production end of a project.    Therefore, having a quote closing date and separate publish until date would be extremely beneficial.  As our clients are referencing the quote information for their estimating but aren't necessarily "Printing" the quote for reference later.  Then when it comes to revisit the quote and request an update based on price changes, they can't even look at what was sent previously.   Therefore, I would like to request that we have two dates.  Quote closing date where the "offer" expires and publish until date, which enables viewinng of the initial quote that had been sent.  

By not having the ability to see an expired quote, it creates friction in the sales cycle which you know slows or stops a sale.  Could you please provide an update on this Idea.

Regards, Georgie