HubSpot Ideas

Quinten_

Keep merged contacts from re-enrolling, keep them in the same step of the workflow

When I'm removing duplicates, the merge of contacts results in my contact re-enrolling in multiple workflow which send them emails (content offers and such) they requested months or sometimes years ago.

It would be nice if a merge triggered a temporary pause on enrollment (for like 2 minutes) and the contacts would stay in the workflow they're a part of, at the step they were before. This way my contacts wouldn't pay the price for me wanting to clean my database.

1 Reply
christa
Contributor

Keep the contact in the same step of the workflow they are already enrolled in. THIS is the main point of what I would like to see addressed.

When the setting came out to toggle Yes/No on whether the 'newly created contact enroll in this workflow' we elected to set that to NO in most all instances. This was to avoid badly timed emails and repeated content - reported in this idea's original comment as an experience likely due to having this setting at Yes.

The issue we have when the setting is NO, is that the merged contact is unenrolled completely from the workflow. So now, they are NOT getting the emails they SHOULD continue to receive. For example, we have nurturing series of emails timed for the day of trial they are in with our software. We can't have them re-enroll because that would throw off the timing of the emails and be repeated content. We don't want them unenrolled because we want to continue nurturing them during the trial.

We tried centering the workflow around a date but that was problematic for a number of reasons too. 

The solution would be to NOT unenroll contacts when merged. Seems reasonable to maintain the contact's status and current step in a workflow even if merged with another contact.