HubSpot Ideas

hannaht123

Keep column orders for lists when exporting to excel

When creating a contact list we set a particular order for the property coloumns to be arranged in. I.e. contact name, then email, then contact owner etc. You are also able to rearrange this via the pop up box when clicking to export. However, when the export to excel (csv) happens the order doesnt stay. So we then have to physically reorder in excel. When there's around 15 columns this can be frustrating

19 Replies
MagaliP

Hi, I encounter the same problem (I even have much more columns). I need to reorder them when they are exported to excel.

I confirm this is frustrating (and time consuming, risk of error, column deletion etc to reorder everything :-))

louiseW
Participant

Can I ask how you even order the columns within the CRM (before you export) - I am stuck on that stage! Thanks

MagaliP

Hi 

I order the columns in the list. When you open it, click on Actions/Edit Columns. There, I select them in the order I want them to appear in the view (and in the export) or can change the order by drag and drop (select the block with 12 dots) and just move it up or down. Don't forget to save.

Hope I understood your question well. Magali

louiseW
Participant

And what do you do for deals?

Thank you!

Louise

MagaliP

I just use Contacts for the moment. Cannot help you on this

Magali

hannaht123

Hi Ladies. Ah Magali i really hope they fix it soon! Louise the exact same process that Magali explained so well for re-ordering contacts is the same for deals 🙂 

BastiSchuhl
Top Contributor

@MagaliP @louiseW as @hannaht123  mentioned, the column editing for deals (and all object types: contacts, companies, deals) works the same. For deals, it's essential to use the "Table" view though. Editing columns won't be possible on the "Board" (Kanban") view. Hope this helps.

CCasemore
Participant

This is critical, as we use HubSpot List exports for a number of Lead research activities that can't be done as easily in HubSpot and reordering the columns again in the Excel export is annoying. We would appreciate if the export's column order used the column order of its List.

EricSGoldstein

I agree - this is strange that it loses the column order.

NPLEVIN

It takes forever to sort and reorder the data. Please add this feature.

McKinney56

This is ridiculous that the columns don't come out in the same order as the report in CRM.  It is very time consuming to have to re-format the columns every time you want to pull a report into Excel.  Who deteremines the order of the columns that come out into Excel?  This should have been fixed by now for the price we are paying for the software.  This has been reported as a probelm for over 4 years.

MWogan
HubSpot Employee

Something that is definitely needed for exports!

FionaW8

Definitely needed for exports! - makes being able to sort them within the CRM a bit pointless - as above it is very time-consuming to the re-order or pull out the individual columns of data needed for different purposes. Please sort this out! 

McKinney56
I don’t know why they don’t tell us this but the data exports in the order of your data columns not in the order of the report columns. So if you go in adjust your data columns to be in the same order as the report columns then it exports them correctly.

DZeenberg

@McKinney56 where do you edit the data column order?

McKinney56
Under the actions button (the same button you use to export the report) for the report the top option is customize. If you select that you see the report with two tabs at the top one is data and the other is visualization. Then if you click on the data tab you can adjust the order of the data columns in the Select Properties box on the left side of the screen.
DZeenberg

I could be wrong but I don't think this thread is in relation to a report or list, its in relation to the record grids.  Actions drop-down does not include a Customize option.

DZeenberg_0-1689868885935.png

McKinney56
It does for me. Maybe you don’t have the right authorization level.

My problem was my reports were not exporting in the report format order and this is how I was instructed to fixed it and it has worked for me.

DZeenberg

Well, i'm a super admin so that would be concerning.

if anyone at Hubspot can chime in that'd be great because I don't see this functionality on the contact, company grid level