HubSpot Ideas

JBudd

Keep case format in Deal and Company Names instead of changing to lowercase in reports

When we enter the name of a company in HubSpot, we use upper and/or lowercase letters, as per the client's details.

For example: If a company uses "VISA" in their documentation, rather than "Visa", then we enter "VISA". 

Unfortunately, when creating reports/dashboards, this formatting is lost and everything becomes lowercase.

Could we please at least have the option of keeping the format that we entered in the Name fields, whether it's Company Name, or Deal Name, etc.?

Thank you kindly!

24 Replies
YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hey, upping this for a customer as well.

Ideally, this should applies to properties as well. Thanks!

saraspangler

Hi! Any update on this? It's pretty tedious to have to update this back to title case when exporting these reports into Excel, vs. having them all show up as lowercase.

JPedler
Participant

Why in the world would HubSpot not keep the formatting from how entered?  This has got to be fixed.

AnnieRECIPE
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Upvoting on behalf of several customers: here's to case-correct reporting! 🙂 

tmitch_sona
Participant

Upvoting this one please! I hate having no answer to other stakeholders as to why all the company names on our report look unprofessional and lowercase!

DYogi

Hard to believe that this is a bug/not implemented functionality. Why would the deal name be ever changed in reporting from what is entered by the user while setting up the data? 

BFabrinGreen

This is highly annoying and completely unnecessary. Please keep the data as is instead of converting it to lowercase. 

GBeckwith
Contributor

Been 4 months since last user comment, any update on this HubSpot peeps?

RBlonk
Participant

Need this, looks really unprofessional towards our investors. This idea is the same, please combine the upvotes @hubspothttps://community.hubspot.com/t5/Reporting-Analytics/Capitalize-Field-Values-in-Report-Builder/m-p/5.... FYI, the Record-ID solution in that post doesn't work for me. 

NKennedy47

It's not been several months since the last comment. When will there be a fix to this? This lowercase automation renders all of our reports and dashboards totally unprofessional and useless. 

GBeckwith
Contributor
Hah, noted!
Edsby

Hit this surprise today. Please address. Exports should respect and preserve the case of the orginal data. Have seen this behavior on contact name and company name properties. Not sure how it affects other properties.

I've only seen this behavior with exports to XLSX, for what it's worth. CSV exports appear to respect case.

BTNZ

Spend a good amount of time crafting the perfect revenue forecast by client for our sales dashboard, to only have the deal names shown in all lower case (insert face palm).

Can't believe this is even a thing in 2023! 

Please sort asap for us perfectionists!

Cheers

TWamsley

Just encountered this as well. Am I right in seeing that no one from HubSpot has even attempted to address this?

Resmonics

Upvote. Is definitely needed and looks unnecessarily unprofessional.

DeanHummel

This is important, especially in reporting. Would also be nice to change case in reporting. 

DFickes
Participant

Anytime Hubspot -- this is a really ugly decision you made here and should be fixed.

DougVital

Ran into this issue today. The text fields were displaying properly, but when I went to take my Amount total and Sum the column, all my text fields were changed to lowercase. Would love for the formatting (uppercase/lowercase) of the text to stay as it was originally entered. 

DSCH

Commenting here to receive updates on this feature request.

Noam

+1 here... Any updates on this?