HubSpot Ideas

MrBean

Itemized Receipts for Children Companies

Hey @JackCoopersmith

Would love to one day be able to generate an itemized receipt/invoice that breaks down by children companies AND collect through hubspot payments 

That would be incredible if we could do that. As the parent is the org we bill and children their owned and operated assets that ultimately each have different subscriptions levels

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Updates
April 19, 2023 02:21 PM

That seems to me like individual line items and then the total amount to be paid will indeed be the sum of those line items. This is doable with invoices, payment links or quotes.

What're your thoughts on this?

April 18, 2023 03:35 PM

So the good news here @MrBean is we have invoices in private beta right now - go ahead and DM me your Hub ID for access!

I'd love to wrap my head around the parent/child comment you made though.... if you create the invoice from the deal with the child company associated OR from the child company itself, then that will indeed associate with that company. I have a sense though that that isn't what you're referring to, so I'd love to hear more about what you have on your mind here.

3 Replies
JackCoopersmith
HubSpot Product Team

So the good news here @MrBean is we have invoices in private beta right now - go ahead and DM me your Hub ID for access!

I'd love to wrap my head around the parent/child comment you made though.... if you create the invoice from the deal with the child company associated OR from the child company itself, then that will indeed associate with that company. I have a sense though that that isn't what you're referring to, so I'd love to hear more about what you have on your mind here.

MrBean
Top Contributor

@JackCoopersmith that's awesome, I'll send ID for sure. 

So for instance in digital there's a ton of consolidation. Networks will own and operate multiple sites. So they (the parent) get the bill at the end of the day, but what would be neat is if we could provide them with an itemized breakdown of which of their assets (the children) are using which products and how much each costed. 

Very specific to b2b and digital. Often clients want to see the breakdown of where their money is going

Example: 

PARENT COMPANY ......... TOTAL $100

--------------------------------------------

child 1 ............................ $10

child 2 ............................ $50

child 3 ............................ $40

JackCoopersmith
HubSpot Product Team

That seems to me like individual line items and then the total amount to be paid will indeed be the sum of those line items. This is doable with invoices, payment links or quotes.

What're your thoughts on this?