HubSpot Ideas

williamwright

Issue Tagging on Conversations

When a customer service agent handles a conversation from email, message or chat it would be nice to assign an issue category, so an agent can flag the conversation as: shipping issue, or missing account information.

So within dashboards directors can see the types of issues popping up.

**SHORT-TERM SOLUTION EDIT - DEC, 15 2020**

👋Hi all, here's my short term solution:

1. Create New Property on Contact Object: i.e. Latest Reason for Contacting
  2. Add Property to Right Sidebar. For easy access:
    williamwright_0-1608047374445.png
  3. Train Customer Service Team, and Optimize Property Values
  4. Create Report of Latest Reason for Contacting:
    williamwright_1-1608047516893.png
  5. Distribute to Teams for Continual Improvement, or Automate Responses 😎
  6. If you have any questions on my solution email me at liam@trueinteraction.com

**FYI works great with forms too.

64 Replies
RDunphy
Participant

Would really love this feature! We don't use ticketing as the vast majority of our customer queries are resolved within the live chat in 5 minutes so categories is not an option. To be able to tag conversations so we can see they type of queries that are coming in would be invaluable.

NBoorman

This is in relatilty a fundemental step in service management and a huge opportuniuty missed.

Its standard operating process to categorise incoming correspondece from any channel.  Think of all the missed data 😞

jpw_andy
Participant

I would appreciate this feature as well!

LR-CPH
Participant

I can't believe that HubSpot does not have a way to tag conversations on the chat... Not every conversation turns into a Contact that is worth saving.

SaulCoronel

This had to be a priority since DAY 1, I really dont know how they have so many reports about how many conversations you have but we can not chet what are them about!!! We cannot organize with tags or  any other method.

We need this for chats URGENT! 

BryceChee

This is absolutely necessary for support teams that actually want to add value to their organization. we can't keep going without visibility and not have the organization not know what conversations are happening.

MLorus3

That's first-rate however perhaps you have a cookie left over from whilst you were jogging against your check app here.

Why do not you run my test? If it works for you, but no longer for me, then we will have a look at what might be one of a kind.

santiagoBiller

We really need this. Knowing which are the most frequent issues our clients face is key for improving our processes and product.

lauraalbr

Hi everyone! 

Just wanted to post about the solution we found here. We have implemented a ticketing system with HubSpot, and a chatflow. In the chatflow, the person has to answer what this question is in reference to, which autopopulates a field on the ticket level. Every email and chat then automatically creates a ticket.
For all tickets, we have added the product / issue property as a mandatory closing property, meaning that every support rep has to fill this out, if not already filled in, which mostly applies to emails.

This also allowed us to write an automated "we received your support request" message to people using the ticket workflows, whenever a new ticket comes in, and generally gives us a lot more and more accurate reporting capabilities than the conversations inbox.

Hope this helps to anyone 🙂

MPelamonia
Participant

I would love to see this feature added. It is essential to improve your customer support!

JAxani
Contributor

Yes! And this will sound silly... but make the tags color-coded for easy recognition. 

TSpooren

Is this on the roadmap already? We also want to classify incoming emails..

SteveBauer

Is there an alternative solution via add-on (3rd party?)

nikmnz

Hi everyone, I suggest adding your votes to these similar ideas if you haven't already done it:

*HubSpot Community - Add labels to the conversations - HubSpot Community

HubSpot Community - Add filters or tags for conversion Inbox - HubSpot Community

Maybe they will be merged by the HubSpot product team at some point, but this may increase the possibility of this lacking feature being noticed 💪

VAcevedo

My company could really use this for reporting and just better workflow organization purposes.

Jeff_Murdoch

This is still an issue – tagging for reporting needs to be added to the conversations. Creating a ticket from every chat conversation is way too cumbersome and unnecessary. 

Ma8rie

WE NEED THIS PLEASE!!

Eton
Contributor

+1 - we desperately need this as we are scaling, as we are currently unable to report on any common themes to help with our design of self service. 

NRuiz

We really need this!!!!

CHagan-Howe

Would love to be able to tag (and report on tags!!).