HubSpot Ideas

wesleybranue

Invoices with added functionality please.

We see that invoices are being associated to contacts automatically via the HubSpot Xero integration, however we would like to associate invoices with companies and deals also and to have a view of this association in both the invoices and when in a company record, contact record or a deal.

We note that invoices are an object however unlike other objects such as companies, contacts and deals it's not visible in the settings under 'Data Management'.

Thanks.

10 Replies
Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner

Really great to see invoice integration getting worked on - happy to support Wesley's requests for additional functionality. Thanks!

vanessahunt
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

This is a great addition. My client creates recurring invoices in Xero and it would be especially useful to have a view of these in HubSpot without needing an additional app.

Would definitely need Invoices to appear on the Company record! 

Happy to join an early beta too 😊

vanessahunt
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

I'm replying again, since I have another client who needs this functionality! We can see Contacts associated with Invoices, but need to see the reverse too. And associate the Invoices to Companies (synching with Xero) as well.

It would be great if the Invoices object were also not hidden away under the Contacts object dropdown menu - would be ideal to have that in a more prominent position in the main Menu.

Very happy to be added to any alpha betas etc !!

MNewman14

Jumping on this train here to say having the abilitiy to see invoices while viewing the company is important for us. We're using the Stripe integration. Has this been any movement on this with HS?

GLitton

We would like to see invoices on the Company record too. The current set up linking Invoices to Contacts is not fit for purpose for us.

Being able to obtain Invoice values in Workflows is also a requirement of ours please. Currently the invoice object does not allow us to copy any data from the invoice to other records (i.e. Company or Deal properties).

We would also like to be able to report on revenues associated with Companies (i.e. the total invoice value for a period).

KLio6
Participant

Adding my request to be able to have invoices display across associated contact, company and deal card. Also, being able to search invoices based on contact or company would be handy! 

KCTravison

+1 on being able to add Invoices to a Deal that already exists. It would be beneficial to be able to create an association automatically via a workflow. We're trying to move Deals to Closed Won based on Invoice Status being Paid (using Stripe), but we can't automatically add an invoice to a Deal, it has to be done manually. Since invoices are created in Stripe for Deals that already exist, this means we have to manually check the new invoices once they sync with HubSpot and attach them to the Deal which defeats the purpose of trying to be able to move Deals to Closed Won in real-time.

Also, agree that being able to search invoices based on contact or company would be exceedingly helpful!

VRajagopal

Hi we are looking for the same features as above discussion. Invoices from Xero amount to be linked to Closed Won either under Contact or Companies for ROI reporting. Otherwise the Xero integration just to pull invoice is not helpful. Thanks.

TDoyle43

More functionality around Invoices in automation is a must.

We use the Stripe to Hubspot data sync and invoices are created in Hubspot as they are created in stripe, and the status is synced. This is a fantastic addition to our tech stack and has allowed us to create a thorough fee arrears flow to chase unpaid invoices over time, before pushing unpaid invoices through to our debt collectors over time. This functionality is invaluable, but this is where it currently ends, when there is so much more could do.

Invoices are limited - You cannot clear, copy or set fields within them via automation, even though you are allowed to create fields/properties in settings. There is no workaround for this in zapier either as invoices arent yet an option.

I think we need to introduce more functionality that is similar to custom objects for invoices. We can currently chase unpaid invoices, but we cannot update invoices with any information around which team member collected the payment or how it was paid. We cannot set a date stamp property within it when the status updates to paid etc...

You can see where I am going here. This functionality would really help companies that are starting to discover the invoice objects to manage their revenue Vs cashflow and then their fee arrears process and more importantly, report on it afterwards.

PLEASE UPVOTE THIS, as itwould honestly be a game changer.

JSackman

I agree with the above.  We use the Quickbooks Online integration to bring invoices over to Hubspot. It works beautifully.  As others have noticed, though, it associates automatically with contacts but not with companies. This is a big miss for Hubspot. And it seems like such an easy fix, since Hubspot has the company domain name right in the Contact's email address.  Or for that matter, if could simply pull the Contact's "primary company" association.  This would be a game changer for us.