HubSpot Ideas

LarsOrhoj

Internationalize Meetings Time: Monday start day & 24 hour time

Strongly need that Meetings can be set to European standard with weeks starting on the Monday and not on the Sunday.

20 Replies
rlawless
HubSpot Product Team

LarsOrhoj
Participant

Hi "rlawless",

(that tag scares me 😉 )

Thanks for the feedback. But you are devaluing the product for the European market with that decision.

andyb
Contributor | Gold Partner

Above comments are correct. It should be pretty straightforward to start the calendar on a Monday - it just looks too obviously US otherwise.

Adriane
Participant | Diamond Partner

For all your current and future German Agency Partners:

We're badly in need of an option to replace the 12h with the 24h time system and choose Monday as first day of week in the meeting-tool. We have a lot of local clients in prospect who are interested in this tool but cannot use it as long as the American elements are there. 

EdBrenner

Please don't replace the 12 hr w/ a 24 hr time system, an OPTION would be a great idea.

Some of us are old school from Canada.

As for Monday as the first day, that should or could be an OPTION. 

I'm Catholic and "On the seventh day, he rested" so I never did understand why or how Sunday became the first day of the week...

God Bless 🙂

pawkoz

We really need Monday start day & 24 hour time
This should be an easy option to set. 

percy
Participant

We also would appreciate a 24 hour time format. 

Thanks

BartN

Same needs for me. 24h time + week start on Monday.

Yasser
Participant

In the Netherlands we aren't used to work with am/pm time format. I believe that's even an European thing. 

In the calender (Sales Pro, for planning a meeting) it isn't possible to plan a meeting with the time format 24H. See also attachment. It would be a great advantage to use it for our customers. 

Cheers, YasserSchermafbeelding 2017-09-13 om 12.07.58.png

crewnet

+1 from us in Denmark as well

Dominic-H

Lionscreative

I dont't understand why it's actually not effective.. It's simply not usable in Europe.

Simeon

+1 I need this badly

LarsOrhoj
Participant

Something is happening here. In my portal, I now have Monday as the start day of the week. But still the 12-hour system.

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 13.52.44.png

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all! I wanted to let you know that we're halfway there on this! We now have "Language" and "Date and number format" settings under Advanced Settings for each Meetings link! This will set relevant regions to a Monday start date on the calendar, and some of the date/time settings to 24 hour time. We are working on the rest 🙂

LarsOrhoj
Participant

Thanks! Keep it up! 🙂

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

24 hour time is now reflected when your have set the "Date and number format" to a region where that is standard!

Yasser
Participant

Thanks!

jstneti

I tried setting the Date format to Italy, Germany, Netherlands but whatever I choose I have the start week on Sunday and AM/PM hours, which simply don't make any sense.

hendrikvi
Participant

Hi,

I just copy-paste here as I was experimenting myself with the scheduling tool (and the shown time) and I noticed that there are 2 options as of today. (you find them in meetings -> settings -> configuration) 

1) Defaulted seems the option of "Use visitor's browser settings". I was able to test it as my chrome is in American English and my Edge is in German. One showed am/pm (Sunday start of the week) the other the 24-hour clock (with Monday as the start of the week).

2) When you chose a language (the Scheduler will then always be shown in that language), you can then chose a date/number format (according to a country which seems a little odd).

Best.