HubSpot Ideas

agnsob

Internal emails sent from deal workflow

I was trying to build a new deal-centered workflow. Whenever the deal is moved to closed lost / won, we want to send an internal notification to the commercial team members. 

Currently, it is only possible to send an external marketing email. 

I suggest adding 'send internal marketing email' task to deal centered workflows. 

20 Replies
VagaeNatus
Key Advisor

My understanding of this not being doable is because hubspot would not know which contact to send the email to. The missing part is a to define a deeper relationship between contact and deal. I support both ideas: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Contacts-and-Deals-Association-add-properties-for-the...

bellawu
HubSpot Product Team

This is now possible with the "Send internal email notification" action in deal-based workflows.

CraigBailey
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Thank you for adding the Internal Email option in Deal based workflows - very handy!

However, there doesn't seem to be a way to add contact or company details in the notification. This is fine if we've included company details as part of the Deal name or Deal description, but if not it can be confusing know which company the deal relates to.

Would also be really useful if one of the Deal tokens available was the Deal URL so that we could easily click through to the Deal in HubSpot, right from the internal notification.

agnsob
Contributor

Yes! Craig is reading my mind. 

I was so excited for this new functionality and wanted to draft the new notification, but couldn't add any contact or company tokens. Would be great to include it. 

bellawu
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks for the additional feedback! If there are multiple contacts associated with a deal, which contact's info would you want to the token to pull in? 

VagaeNatus
Key Advisor

@bellawu

We use a property called "role" on contact, so we would use that to know who to send the email to. Challenge with that is that we can't enforce a deal to have no more than one "role = ABC" contact, so it's error-prone. 

It would be doable if we would have a property type that is a relation to the contacts on deals. There are stories for that on the forum and this is the use case: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Contacts-and-Deals-Association-add-properties-for-the...

Another way is to create associations between multiple objects. Salesforce does it nicely with what's called there "Related List".

CraigBailey
Contributor | Platinum Partner

If there are multiple contacts on a deal (which is quite often the case) I'd want to include all of the contact details in the internal email.

Our email subject would ideally be:

Company | Deal name | Deal ammount

Our email description would be just about every other property:

Deal name (again)

Deal description

Deal amount (again)

Deal company (again)

Deal contacts (probably a comma separated list of the contact names)

Deal owner

Deal closed won reason

Deal URL

In terms of priorities between company and contact details, I think the company associated with the Deal is the most useful. Having the contact details is a nice to have.

agnsob
Contributor

@CraigBailey -- we structure our email notification very similarly. And also agreed on prioritizing company vs. contact details. 

KatrinaS

I really need this too!

Anu
Contributor

I agree! The deal based internal emails should have the same level of functionality as the contact based workflow emails do ! Currently the internal email notification exists  on deal based workflows but it is very limited in functionality. 

(1000 character limit and only deal tokens allowed. The HTML formatting of the email is also not very sharp. )

This becomes very difficult to explain to higher level management who is now used to getting great automatic emails from the contact based workflows. 

I have to send a deal closed email alert to my finance team and I have more information to share than what could fit in the 1000 character limit. Right now we send 2 alert emails for each deal that gets closed. ( It defeats the whole purpose of having an email alert! the finance team is still as confused as they were before the email alerts! )  

gprestes
Participant

Hi there! I am also trying to notify team members of a deal lost/won!

We can do it through "send internal email notification", but as discussed above, in this case it is not possible to include other objects personalization tokens.

For us it would also be interesting to be able to personalize the email template, so I would suggest including the same feature available in Contacts workflows: "send internal marketing email". This way, we can use all properties available in other objects and personalize the template accordingly, also selecting who the e-mail should be sent to.  

vn
Participant

Hi, Did anyone figure out how to add an "associated company" in the internal deal notification?

lynton_samantha
Member | Elite Partner

Another upvote for the addition of allowing for embedding of contact, company tokens in deal workflow internal notifications. Since we're not able to cc account managers on "order receipt" emails going to customers, ideally we're sending the same email to account managers using this "internal email notification" function. However, since we're not able to use contact or company tokens within this editor, we're going to have to use workflows to copy the contact properties to deal properties and have these emails sent on a delay. It's clunky and not ideal for maintaining these long term.

Off topic, but being able to copy/paste the complete email inclusive of tokens (in this case, copying the plain text version of the email that already goes to the customer) would be great, too!

jpeluso
Participant

I would love the option to be able to send an "Internal Marketing Email" in a deal workflow, instead of just an "Internal Email Notification."

The Marketing email allows me to pull personalization tokens from all objects (with some restriction). 

Can anyone suggest a workaround in the meantime? 

Joe

rnelson
Contributor

Would also love the ability to pull in cross-object tokens in the internal email notification. 

ACarlaw
Participant

Just jumping in as it's been another ~6 months and it seems like a very valid request - did anyone work out how to get company information into a deal workflow email?

Cheers

mortenstaal
Participant | Platinum Partner

Much needed feature - to able to send internal marketing emails to external email adresses in a deal-based workflow. Hope this is getting on the product map in the near future.

VLaPlante

I would also love to see this and be able to add deal / company info into the notification email. When I worked at HubSpot on the sales team (back in the day) we had an automated email like this that included specific information about the deal won. 

KimM
Top Contributor

Would be great to have internal marketing emails on deal-based workflows. We need this for automating follow ups with third parties that are part of the enquiry (deal) process.

KKranz
Member | Platinum Partner

An automated email for internal deal emails would be great. My clients prefer to see their emails formatted professionally.