HubSpot Ideas

liberworm

Internal/Private Knowledgebase access without adding users to contacts

We are increasing our use of HS and one thing we had the ability to do with our previous system was to create knowledgebase articles that were for internal users only. While you can do this in HS you have to create a list of users based off of existing contacts which means internal users have to be contacts - which was not recommended by support when I asked but there was no other work around that I could find. You should easily be able to choose existing users as a pre-created "list". 

9 Replies
CParnis

We need this functionality for staff as well, and preferably there would be a way to natively assign an article "internal" status so that it can only be viewed by staff. I would rather not have to create a list of our staff members because someone is going to have to add this to their list of things to adjust when someone is hired or leaves. I see that HubSpot suggests using another service for internal knowledge base docs but it really doesn't make sense to have our product support team go back and forth between two platforms while they are trying to resolve customer issues.

sonyaandrews

Yeah, this seems like some pretty basic functionality. Had I known that was missing when I talked to the sales team I would have gone with Zendesk in the first place or some other product. 

ELancaster

Has anyone figured out a workaround or app to link to HS for this? I just finished working on an excel file for a few weeks and would like to be able to share this information.

Thanks!

TDeiulis

This feature is a must. We need something to help support team with tickets like we use Playbooks for the Sales team. Can you duplicate the Playbook function for Service please...and give pro users more than a limit of 5.

KSKostner

Really need this feature!! Not having a KB for your support team does not meet minimum requirements. Hope to see it soon

FRöttger

We need this feature!

NathanWong

We would like this feature as well. Please!

JGeraghty4

I'd just like to bump this by saying we would also appreciate this functionality. 

MMackenzie0

I don't understand why this is not implemented. The playbooks are not sufficient as the view is only half the screen unless someone has permission to edit. Please implement this.