HubSpot Ideas

Ahough

Integration with GoToWebinar's Simulated Live Feature

GoToWebinar currently offers a 'simulated live' beta feature which allows you to present recordings as webinars. However, HubSpot cannot currently sync these over!

59 Replies
LindaL

I upgraded my GTW because of the Simulated Live functionality. If HubSpot isn't going to ensure that the 'Simulated Live' feature isn't intergrated - that's a problem for our webinar strategy. Our webinar strategy is a large component of our CRM.

Hope this integration is completed in this quarter. How different is a Live Webinar as opposed to a Simulated Live webinar? From my standpoint, it looks the same within GTW when the webinar is created. Curious as to the difficultly level here and also the HubSpot Ops teams roadmap along with the ability to get things done quickly.

Please, pretty please?

CaseyLeBrun
Participant | Elite Partner

GoToWebinar should be pushing for this because people are leaving their platform, not HubSpot's, to achieve this functionality. Pretty frustrating to basically have no compatibility if running a Simulated Live webinar. Will have to use Zapier to achieve getting GTW attendance and did not attend data.

MSi
Participant

Same here! We need this!

hogana2018

This integration is really needed. Simulated Live webinars were introduced by GoToWebinar in March of 2017 and there has been no movement forward to introduce the integration on Hubspot's part. Stop changing the menu bar and work on the integration. 

Edatny

I also agree we need this integration. It stops us from being able to properly track registrants - and especially to see the new leads that come in. I hope there will be an update that this integration will happen! 

JLeach

I've noticed that you can sync contacts and information with Simulated-Live webinars after they've already occured. 

However, this is a huge pain if you need to get ahead of marketing to folks registered prior to the webinar. 

HubSpot please consider making this upgrade soon!

mavian

Who wants to bet Hubspot is stalling on this because they have their own simulated live webinar feature they're going to roll out?

Otherwise why would they wait on this? Hubspot reps and advocates alike (e.g. Neil Patel) all toute how crucial Simulated Live webinars are as a lead gen tactic at all the HUG events.

To the laymen dev person (which I surely am), it feels like syncing Simulated Live contacts from GotoWebinar should be more like flipping a switch than developing an entirely new system? 

I dunno - just feels like this feature should have happened much sooner than it has taken, since I've been following this thread for over a year now. 

viddychang
HubSpot Product Team

jmante
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone, 

My name is Jingo and I'm a product manager at HubSpot. If you'd like to discuss your GoToWebinar feature requests and pain points, please fill out this form and I'll contact you soon. My team is working on ehancing this integration so all of your feedback will be super useful.

Thanks for your patience! 🙂

Jingo

Marlene
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi,

we need this functionality too!! 

viddychang
HubSpot Product Team

The HubSpot/GoToWebinar integration now supports syncing Registrant and Attendance data for all webinar types including Simulated Live (aka Recordings)!

For more informaiton on this update, please refer to this blog post - https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/gotowebinar-simulated-live

mavian

Thank you Hubspot Team! Can't wait to put this to good use. 

LBurke
Participant

That's great news! Thanks to all for listening and putting this in.

Sfahl

Great. 

One quick question.

Does the attendance information go beyond simply showing that someone attended?

Example: if someone enters a webinar and then leaves in 1 minute and it shows that the person attended the webinar, that is actually bad information. It'll potentially put the person in the wrong workflows, tag them wrong, etc etc, as we'll think she watched the whole webinar when in fact she only viewed 1 minute. 

Marlene
Contributor | Platinum Partner

That's great news!

GarethWeaver
Participant

It's great that all webinar types are now coming through to HubSpot. 

Unfortunately repeated sessions, on different days for example, of a single webinar remain treated as individual registrations in HubSpot. I was under the impression that after this development that a user could select any of the multiple sessions as you can on on a GoToWebinar form / landing page. 

fadi

Amazing!

I will definitely be trying this out...

Thanks for much for making it a priority, and getting it done.

Cheers,

Fadi.

LindaL

Thank you! I was scheduling three Simulated Live webinars this past Monday (before I got the notice) and I was able to sync them in HubSpot. Honestly, when I turned them each on it was as though I forgot that we couldn't sync SL webinars. Very happy to finally have the process for Live and Simulated Live webinars - keeps our process consistent and is less work. Good job HubSpot.

jmante
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone! This has been resolved and SimuLive events will sync automatically now 🙂