HubSpot Ideas

Ahough

Integration with GoToWebinar's Simulated Live Feature

GoToWebinar currently offers a 'simulated live' beta feature which allows you to present recordings as webinars. However, HubSpot cannot currently sync these over!

59 Comentarios
cfeigl
Miembro

We are also very interested.

BBadhran
Miembro

The ability to sync information from GoToWebinar simulated live webinars would be a major timesaver! This is a big part of our webinar strategy and we'd really appreciate a seamless integration for this type of webinar too. 

scottm
Participante

I wonder weather or not HubSpot follows these threads. There are three pages regarding this topic and no response from the team at HS. Where are they with this product? It's been over a year. Any information would be helpful.

mavian
Miembro

Agreed! Has everyone followed up with the HS rep? We've made several requests, but perhaps if we made a coordinated effort with all our reps, then this thread would get some notice. 

LBurke
Participante

Is there any other providers with a HubSpot integration that offer this? I would have no problem switching.

cseitz
Miembro

I actually decided to switch providers based on gotowebinar's persistent audio issues (convinced they are platform-based after many conversations and research) and the simu-live's lack of live Q&A (so odd, and way behind the times on that one) and am signed up with a provider that does have some kind of integration, but I haven't gotten to dig into how good it is yet. I vetted zoom, livestream, and bigmarker and settled on bigmarker (though zoom is launching functionality in the next 6 months that would bump it up on my list). I also really liked Livestream's user interface, but it's a little younger and still building up functionality.

Sfahl
Miembro

Hey HubSpot. We're all anxious to get a response on this. Some of us have been waiting months without so much as a peep from HS. It'd be very nice and helpful to hear from somone over there about what the plan is.

Much appreciated.

Scott

vbrech
HubSpot Employee

Hi guys, has anybody tried using HubSpot's Zapier integration to connect to GoToMeeting? Is Zapier able to "see" webinars that are "simulated live" (either fixed-time or on-demand)? I am wondering to what extend Zapier represents a viable workaround solution to this problem.

LBurke
Participante

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try the Zapier workaround next week and see if there is any luck with it. Given the cost of go to webinar per month, it is still pretty poor that this feature is not native to the integration.

scottm
Participante

I emailed my rep at HS and she is totally unaware of such an integration even being talked about at this point. I'm not sure if its a HS thing or a GTW thing. I think it's HS. The functionality is there in GTW. Although Simulated Live has been around for a while it's still not pervasive in the industry that I can tell. And in a sense I'm not sure it fits the relationship building aspect of the HS model. That said ... I WANT IT!

mavian
Miembro

Everyone email your HS Rep this thread! We've tried the Zapier connection but it wasn't seemless and it has prevented us from implementing the simulated live - which I think will catch on sooner rather than later in our industry. But just like I'm sure the rest of you feel - I'd like to be out in front on it! For the last year at local HS conferences and HUG meetings, some of the best marketers in this space (e.g. Neil Patel) have touted the incredible converstions that simulated live webinars can produce... but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense without the ability to use the cookie tracking of HS forms so registrants can make it into our funnel and be scored, etc. It doesn't seem like it should be all that difficult considering the integration is already there for regular webinars. What is the hold up with the Simulated Live if GotoWebinar has had it as part of there offering for almost 12 months now?? Let your HS rep know we want this so we can run it up the flag pole. It is long overdue!!

fadi
Miembro

The GTW API has been updated to V2 since April 9, 2018... https://goto-developer.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar-api-overview-v2

The sooner HubSpot can update the integration, the better, as users are looking to run more scheduled live webinars, and still be able to do something with the registrant and attendee data.

LBurke
Participante

I recently had a shot of integrating zapier withsimulated live webinars. This does not work.

You are tied to linking a single simulated live webinar - not the series (Useless if you have the same webinar on a certain day, for 4 weeks). Plus manually bringing data back into HubSpot.

So zapier is not a viable solution. The only way for this to work is a proper integration.

andreahilleary
Miembro

This is a feature that we're really hoping for in our organization. If it could be added, that would be great.

KatherinC
Miembro

Hi, I have been following this process as well and I called Today: HubSpot development team is working on solving this issue currently; that's what I was told. But, we aren't quite happy with GTW quality either way, so, has anyone tested ReadyToTalk? Does it have On Demand or/and Simulated live features? 

GarethWeaver
Participante

Yes, just came across this. Would be great to get this enabled. Struggling with Zapier atm...

mike_capshare
Miembro

I can verify that Zapier can see the simulated live webinars. So Zapier did update their Zap to GTW's new API.

Unfortunately, the GTW zap requires that you specify the exact webinar session for each zap. So unless you want to make thousands of individual zaps for every future simulated live session of every webinar you have, the solution isn't tenable.

LBurke
Participante

I'm hoping someone who has previously commented sees this in their inbox. 

Have you changed providers and who too?

Simulated live webinars & HubSpot just does not work. Zapier can only link one specific pre-recorded instance so is also not a solution.

At the moment my only options are
1) Get people to register on GTW simulated live page. This means no HubSpot tracking and wasted admin time putting contact details into HubSpot....or.....
2) Reg on HubSpot and manually put people into the simulated live reg form....Both are waaayyy too manual.

So has anyone changed providers and it does what we need? @cseitz, how did bigmarker work out?

cseitz
Miembro

@LBurke I'm loving bigmarker. Not having the audio issues we had with gotowebinar. I like the interface and simulated live capabilities better. I like that no one has to download anything. The back end is a bit more convoluted to me than it needs to be, but once you figure it out, you're good. One think to consider - if you have a lot of people that would be on legacy IE browsers - they might have trouble. Because it is a web-based platform, attendees need a fairly up-to-date browser. They can use IE 11, but it'll prompt them to download a plugin. We've used multiple types of mics and didn't have the issues we had with GTW. The integration with Hubspot isn't really anything to write home about, but the platform is far better in my opinion. GTW was created as a screen share tool and the fact that they never rewrote code to have audio degrade last is apparent in our experience. So, honeslty, even without the Hubspot integration, another tool is better IMO. Hope that helps! 

Oh, and if you do go with a browser-based system - you obviously want high-speed internet and a hard connection (ethernet cord) works best if you're hosting. Just to ensure maximum quality. 

LBurke
Participante

@cseitz thanks for the in-depth answer! This really helps me.

Some of our attendees typically would use legacy IE browsers but I will check on google analytics to get an idea of exactly what the situation is. Bigmarker is going to be my first trial for sure.